file Recruitment Exercise - Good for the Black Hand?

23 Nov 2013 21:07 #57017 by Shodan
I would like to open with how ironic it is that I find you all to be derailed, and thus discussing logical fallacies, in a constructive topic created by Jeff Kuta.

Second, I would like to remind you all; Jeff Kuta does not know how to play the game. How have you all forgotten?

Finally, I would like to make this public comment to you, Juggernaut1981.
Get off the forums.
Your constant attempts to slander, belittle and berate Jeff Kuta are seriously fucking annoying. We get it, you don't like him, nor anything he has done( Perhaps not even exclusively towards this game). If you were ever to talk to Jeff, maybe you would learn he just wants to make VeTS a better experience for all players; those who get 0 VPs, those interested as new players, and those who had the loss the moment they took their seat.
If you really dislike him as much as you've lead us all to believe, please, ask the moderators to make a hidden board do discuss said personal hatred. The public does not need to see this. Leave the nasty talk out of his attempts to make a positive constructive conversation. "If you have nothing nice to say, say dont say anything at all."

The above, I guess, should be applicable to all. Those of you who still bring up, and discuss negatively about the PCK split from the rest of the design team are those who are only hurting this game. Forgive and forget.
I for one, would prefer no new content than to see constructive discussion of this new content always return to: "I DONT LIKE YOU, OR PCK BECAUSE OF (bleh" or the obvious of "PCK CARD IN THEIR SET WAS ALL (bleh"

This conversation is quite silly. Can we talk about something more productive?

Thank you Brandon.

I for one, look forward to Jeff building a RK/RE deck for someone to play with in Berkeley, CA or perhaps in Brandon's tournament next month?
Because as you may have all clearly forgotten, he obviously does not know how to play.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2013 21:41 - 23 Nov 2013 21:42 #57019 by D-dennis

Forgive and forget.

There will be a public post/letter/announcement/excuses/whatever from PCK about the C&D-letter before that will be forgotten by me.
(edit: in case that has already happened: my apologies and please provide a link)

Because as you may have all clearly forgotten, he obviously does not know how to play.

I don't think anyone stated that in this thread.

Thank you for your comments on Recruitment Exercise.
Last edit: 23 Nov 2013 21:42 by D-dennis.

More
23 Nov 2013 21:45 - 24 Nov 2013 03:08 #57020 by Juggernaut1981
@Shodan:
If I ever met Jeff Kuta, I'd have the same debate with him in person. I don't dislike the guy, I just think he's made a lot of poor choices. I don't attack him, just his claims and arguments. If he, or you, are willing to make claims in public spaces then he, and you, should be willing and prepared to support them. And to support them with more than "I said so", because that didn't work on us when our parents said it...

I have not slandered Jeff Kuta. I may have called into doubt a number of things about him, including his experience, skills, ability to create cards and so on. But I am making those judgements based on things I have seen him do and things I he has said/written.

I didn't bring up the PCK split in this thread.

I've had some fairly forthright conversations with James (jamesatzephyr), Kevin Mergen, Hugh (Squidalot) and a number of others about the place about cards, rulings, the CRR and countless other things. I will no doubt continue to have strong debates about VTES.

@Jeff:
I am still waiting for your response.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 24 Nov 2013 03:08 by Juggernaut1981.

More
23 Nov 2013 23:24 - 23 Nov 2013 23:26 #57023 by jamesatzephyr

The above, I guess, should be applicable to all. Those of you who still bring up, and discuss negatively about the PCK split from the rest of the design team are those who are only hurting this game. Forgive and forget.

Except the PCK are the ones actively trying to split the playerbase.

Now, the PCK will say "Hey guys, if you want to officially adopt our cards into competitive play, that's just fine!" Except, the PCK will spit its dummy and start sending cease-and-desist letters at the drop of a hat. So no-one with even half-a-brain would adopt such cards into an official environment when they will send lawyers after you if you're mean to them.

Possibly the PCK should reflect on how its actions, and how the people running it, are actively hindering any chance of acceptance in the V:TES community. Except, we'll just get told to forget. Because threats of legal action are exactly the sort of thing people are going to forget, right?
Last edit: 23 Nov 2013 23:26 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
24 Nov 2013 07:43 #57036 by johannes

I would like to open with how ironic it is that I find you all to be derailed, and thus discussing logical fallacies, in a constructive topic created by Jeff Kuta.

Did you read all of the thread? Because it was indeed a constructive discussion about the card and also about sampling methods, logical coherence and related topics. However Jeff was the one who first decided it was time to derail and take personal stabs at me, read comment #56930. Which, how ironic, is based on a lie, I clarified on the truth within the thread.

I get that Jeff is a nice person and helps new player who get zero VPs in you local games and tournaments. But his actions in this forum reflect otherwise, he can´t abstain from taking personal stabs at me, Ben Peal or whoever is the big bad V:TES dictator of the day.

More
24 Nov 2013 09:08 #57038 by Joscha

I for one, look forward to Jeff building a RK/RE deck for someone to play with in Berkeley, CA or perhaps in Brandon's tournament next month?

I suggest you come up with some cards to cope with that deck-type and don't just sit and watch it win and then say "I knew this will happen, the card is broken".

Adapting to the metagame is one of the interesting things of the game. Enjoy.

And back on topic. RE is a good card for Black Hand (and thus good for it), but it is Reunion Kamut what makes it shine.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds