file Recruitment Exercise - Good for the Black Hand?

25 Nov 2013 21:22 #57126 by Ashur
Sorry, I don´t have time to read the whole thread.

you know you've either crushed the deck or it will crush everyone else

This is true for alot of decks, right? Una freakshow and various other solitaire-style combo-decks, which I have suggested to be broken, but nobody agreed?

Recruitment exercise is not broken. That deck might be boring as hell and very strong if nobody blooks/rushes/otherwise handle it, but I know PLENTY of decks that are very strong if not blocked/rushed/otherwise handled.

Also: PCK, stop believing what you do is better than what the Design Team and all the playtesters do. It´s stupid. Just stupid.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2013 17:13 #57401 by Jeff Kuta

If I were a psychologist...

I'm glad you're not a psychologist. If I were one, I'd say you're projecting a bit too much.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
02 Dec 2013 17:30 #57403 by Jeff Kuta

Jeff couldn't accept the playtester feedback and after PCK tried to fix the cards hurriedly but had failed it was decided to drop inquisitors as a concept at least for now. Then he er left the design team. If he wants to use Johannes/Ben/Spaghetti monster as his crutch sure - but I've read what he wrote and seen how he reacted to 20 playtester groups saying too much text, too difficult to read and too complex right now

The VEKN is actually using the Inquisitor excuse as a crutch. The trope has become that we couldn't handle the internal criticism of our cards and then left the team in response. Go ahead and believe that. It's a great talking point for the VEKN to explain away why it took the Design Team two years to put together a small fan set, 18 months of which was spent after Carl and Eric were gone!

Then go back and read the public posts. I am pretty sure that the Inquisitor topic was never even discussed or hinted at. I'll also mention that Eric and Carl resigned from the VEKN Design Team months after the Inquisitor concept had been culled from Round 2 of playtesting.

Sometimes events are catalysts for change because they reveal true underlying problems.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
02 Dec 2013 18:03 #57405 by Brum

The VEKN is actually using the Inquisitor excuse as a crutch. The trope has become that we couldn't handle the internal criticism of our cards and then left the team in response. Go ahead and believe that. It's a great talking point for the VEKN to explain away why it took the Design Team two years to put together a small fan set, 18 months of which was spent after Carl and Eric were gone!

That delay was explained by the VEKN.
They didn't want to hinder the Print by Demand possibility.
They were asked by the people negotiating that not to launch Dance Macabre, as it could actually be the first expansion to be printed.

I'm sure you can find a way to criticize that.

BtW, could you explain projection for the players that are not from English speaking countries?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
02 Dec 2013 19:43 #57408 by Amenophobis

BtW, could you explain projection for the players that are not from English speaking countries?

bit.ly/1eIA0za

;)

More
02 Dec 2013 20:20 - 03 Dec 2013 00:23 #57409 by Juggernaut1981
@Jeff Kuta:
It took 18 months for it to be published. I think I remember in that time there was this ongoing POD project... you might remember that.

IIRC playtesting was finished at least 9 months before it was published. However, I also remember (which means the finer points of these details may be out but not their general intent) from the playtesting that it became significantly easier to playtest after Round 1, which is when all of the Inquisitor cards vanished. My players who were testing generally stated that they were glad those cards were removed.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 03 Dec 2013 00:23 by Juggernaut1981.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds