file If the game would go into print, should there be changes to old cards?

30 Nov 2016 14:47 #79388 by Ashur

We he can't show me 10 year old numbers?

No, why should he have to? You can´t trust him enough on his word? And White Wolfs numbers I´m not sure anyone can give us, unless like someone who worked there at the time has them. Again, why is this important? White Wolf didn´t "lose hope of the product" because of low sales. Don´t you remember what happened? Gehenna, nWoD, no MMORP and so on? Do you want me to explain the history of (old) White Wolfs last years?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Vlad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2016 15:33 #79389 by elotar

No, why should he have to?

Because if you are telling something you have to be ready to back it up, if you'll be asked. Why this concept is so hard for you to grasp?

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
01 Dec 2016 01:15 #79391 by BenPeal

No, why should he have to?

Because if you are telling something you have to be ready to back it up, if you'll be asked. Why this concept is so hard for you to grasp?

So he should show you his company's financial figures purely for your personal edification? That's fucking stupid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Vlad

More
01 Dec 2016 01:20 #79392 by BenPeal

And White Wolfs numbers I´m not sure anyone can give us, unless like someone who worked there at the time has them. Again, why is this important? White Wolf didn´t "lose hope of the product" because of low sales. Don´t you remember what happened? Gehenna, nWoD, no MMORP and so on? Do you want me to explain the history of (old) White Wolfs last years?

V:TES was profitable for White Wolf. It wasn't profitable on the scale of, say, V:tM, Werewolf, or Mage, but it was profitable. The only reason why it was discontinued was because CCP wanted to get completely out of the pen and paper business, including the distribution and fulfillment storage and logistics involved. A very serious effort was made by a third party to get the V:TES licenses when CCP made this decision (a couple years prior to the Design Team forming) , but that didn't work out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
01 Dec 2016 01:35 - 01 Dec 2016 03:37 #79393 by BenPeal

Why is the amount of cards a problem for the game to be printed again?

www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2014/11/5/a-new-stage-of-growth/'

In general it just cost too much for everybody involved to maintain production capacity, stocks and channels of introducing new players to the game.

White Wolf was also concerned about this with respect to V:TES. However, with modern production options, such as print-on-demand, the burden on retailers to maintain high stock levels is much less of an issue. When the Design Team was working with OneBookShelf (DriveThruCards.com) on V:TES proposals, the model included "core" products for retailers (boxed sets of preconstructed starter decks), with add-ons and reprints available via print-on-demand.

So what do you think? Is it a good or just bad idea to go and try to fix old/new cards?

I've been outspoken in my view that there are a lot of old and weak cards that can use some updating and overhauling. The ideas behind the cards are fine (Form of the Serpent, for example), but the cards fail in execution. Might as well re-use that design space and improve it. This was done in Camarilla Edition, and it should be done again.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2016 03:37 by BenPeal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Vlad, Kimpan

More
01 Dec 2016 16:41 #79399 by elotar

So he should show you his company's financial figures purely for your personal edification?

Holy crap "financial figures"! Sales of discontinued game 10 years ago! What's a problem with you, guys?

At our warhammer forum our distributor regularly discusses present sales of different factions, products and his strategy, and, as I understand, it even helps him in business!

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds