question-circle Emerald Legionnaire — First Black Chantry Nerf?

11 Oct 2018 20:52 #91151 by Ke.

I'm still not on the nerf wagon yet, but do we feel Alcoan deck dump is the most broken application of the card?

I wouldn't say that. It's just one of many. The deck featured in the screenshot (30+ pool) pretty much just uses Liquidation and La Viuda Blanca.

I'm not suggesting that this is a beat everything deck (nothing is in VTES). However the proportion of decks that will struggle against this card is unbalanced and heavily weighted towards the Legionnaires.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2018 01:43 #91154 by DJHedgehog

Also, liquidation is more dangerous than EL.

Liquidation needs to go. It almost always forwards your strategy in discarding cards. It doesn't matter if you're EL or doing deck fixing with Ashur. Do that and gain 3?

Too many unforeseen consequences.

Does anyone think EL would be as busted if Liquidation didn't exist?

More
12 Oct 2018 02:02 #91155 by Molloy
"One can argue that cards in the ash heap are a limit on the number of EL."

That's not just something one can argue, it's a fact. One can remove seven cards at most 12 times in a game.

EL can't *do* all that much: bleed for 1, or 2 if you devote resources to it; block 0 stealth actions, or 1 stealth actions if you devote resources to it.

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.

More
12 Oct 2018 08:24 #91158 by Whisker
So the game plan is to deck yourseft? Check, where did I put those Brinksmanships?

More
12 Oct 2018 08:40 - 12 Oct 2018 08:47 #91159 by Bloodartist

So the game plan is to deck yourseft? Check, where did I put those Brinksmanships?

Hey man, take note of the link in our local league report for this week xD

ps. obviously legionnaire decks have plenty of delaying tactics cause otherwise ancilla empowerment is auto-loss.

Does anyone think EL would be as busted if Liquidation didn't exist?

It would be far less strong thats for sure.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 12 Oct 2018 08:47 by Bloodartist.

More
12 Oct 2018 10:57 #91163 by Khaan
Ive played vs EL decks a handful of times. Both more normal (non-turbo) and some semiturbo (gotchas obf-version with burn option). Not the alcoan version tho.

My impression is that liquidation and unmasking are bigger problems, which just happen to act as catalysts/enablers for the EL strat.

Lackeyname: Kris
The following user(s) said Thank You: DJHedgehog

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds