file Combat as a strategy

12 Sep 2019 08:39 #96954 by PetriWessman
Replied by PetriWessman on topic Combat as a strategy

Also, Potence does not have a single rush action... why???

Indeed so!

Rampage doesn't have a superior effect. rushing would be just appropriate for it.

Yes! As noted, Potence really needs a decent rush card, and fixing Rampage at the same time sounds like a win-win to me.

Maybe something like:

pot: (D) Burn a location.
POT: (D) Enter combat with a minion. This vampire gets +1 strength in that combat.

A stealth rush would be nice, but would not be very thematic for Potence or especially for something called "Rampage" :). Hmmm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2019 08:58 #96955 by jonathan
Replied by jonathan on topic Combat as a strategy

Indeed so!

Rampage doesn't have a superior effect. rushing would be just appropriate for it.

Yes! As noted, Potence really needs a decent rush card, and fixing Rampage at the same time sounds like a win-win to me.

Maybe something like:

POT: (D) Enter combat with a minion. This vampire gets +1 strength in that combat.

A stealth rush would be nice, but would not be very thematic for Potence or especially for something called "Rampage" :). Hmmm.

"Full-red hand" is a common problem for potence decks that do not have access to built-in rushes.

A rush action that goes back to hand from the ash heap if the opposing minion is not ready at the end of the action would be incredibly useful.

Maybe limited to once per turn if it seems too abusable.

More
12 Sep 2019 13:02 #96957 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Combat as a strategy

Indeed so!

Maybe something like:

"Full-red hand" is a common problem for potence decks that do not have access to built-in rushes.

A rush action that goes back to hand from the ash heap if the opposing minion is not ready at the end of the action would be incredibly useful.

That might be a bit much win more. Guy has no combat defense so you get to knock the dominoes down.

More
12 Sep 2019 14:25 #96958 by jonathan
Replied by jonathan on topic Combat as a strategy

Indeed so!

Maybe something like:

That might be a bit much win more. Guy has no combat defense so you get to knock the dominoes down.

He can still block.

More
12 Sep 2019 21:59 #96965 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Combat as a strategy

So the cards that currently give combat decks ousting potential (excluding heavy bleed disciplines) are as follows:

Fame, Tension In The Ranks, Dragonbound, and Codex of the Edenic Groundskeeper. Am I forgetting any?

Andre LeRoux, Hell-for-Leather, Blessing of the Loa, Righteous Aura. They are not usable in many decks though.

Perpetual Care

Anarch Revolt
Achilles' Heel
Path of Lilith (good luck with this one)
Leadership Vacuum (ditto)
Trophy: Revered (though this is generally easier to get outside combat)

More
13 Sep 2019 11:16 #96967 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Combat as a strategy

Perpetual Care

No.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds