file First Tzimisce Intercept Deck - Thoughts?

12 Dec 2012 08:22 #42717 by Poci
About the eyes of argus, that's a good reason...:dry:

The main problem is, that you have 14 actions, which is way too much in a waal deck, especially in this one. Your combat package is not that effective, and S:CE beats it. The actions are always a liability and you'll be blocked. The Tzimisce are always a threat with Breath of the Dragon, but as soon as they find out that your're not playing with it, you'll be in problem. If you don't have any, than use more chiroptean marauders. The Rötschreks are ESSENTIAL; it screws basically everything bar the abombwe based decks and some vamps like Gotsdam. That's huge....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2012 09:05 #42718 by Klaital
If you don't have breath of the dragons, Starvation of Marena is a good replacement, which especially combos well with carrion crows since it gives a press.

More
12 Dec 2012 14:55 - 12 Dec 2012 14:56 #42738 by SClaytonU

About the eyes of argus, that's a good reason...:dry:

The main problem is, that you have 14 actions, which is way too much in a waal deck, especially in this one. Your combat package is not that effective, and S:CE beats it. The actions are always a liability and you'll be blocked. The Tzimisce are always a threat with Breath of the Dragon, but as soon as they find out that your're not playing with it, you'll be in problem. If you don't have any, than use more chiroptean marauders. The Rötschreks are ESSENTIAL; it screws basically everything bar the abombwe based decks and some vamps like Gotsdam. That's huge....

Your points are well taken. I've replaced all the Starvation of Marena with Breath of the Dragon (I had a reason for wanting that optional press, but it was in an iteration of the deck that I had abandoned prior to posting, so it needed to go). I'm paring down the actions a bit as well. Rotschreck is awesome, but I've only got one. It can go in the deck, but it can't be my deck's combat strategy unless I get more. In a perfect world, how many Rotschrecks should I run in the deck?

As far as S:CE, I am well aware of the vulnerability. I had included the Fast Reactions to give me an option against that tactic, since I don't own any Telepathic Tracking. I realize that having to tap two vampires to deal with a single opposing minion is a massive inefficiency, but it punishes S:CE decks as long as I am opportunistic in its use. Although Telepathic Tracking is more efficient, it's not as reliable since it doesn't stop the opposing minion from just ending combat again (and decks that rely on ending combat generally have enough S:CE to play a second one as often as not). Do you have another possible answer to dealing with that?
Last edit: 12 Dec 2012 14:56 by SClaytonU.

More
12 Dec 2012 18:01 #42752 by Klaital
I generally wouldn't run more than 3 rotschreck.

More
12 Dec 2012 18:40 #42758 by Poci
My deck runs 5 Rötschrek, with 7 Breath of the Dragon and 8 Chiroptean Marauder in 83-85 cards. Don't forget, that Lambach's inherent ability is also there. Works like a charm...:)

More
12 Dec 2012 20:48 #42765 by ICL

What makes Mr. Winthrop superior? Is it merely that he doesn't cost a blood?

Yes. Given uniqueness, it's not what surprises me so much about how often Revenant sees play as someone might want more than one retainer intercept (or a War Ghoul deck doesn't even want the possibility of contestation) but rather that Raven Spy is hardly different from Revenant for Tzimisce except it can be Pack Alphaed into play.

Anyway, as to beating combat ends, you really don't need to. Rush decks need to win a disproportionate number of combats, so they either should address combat ends or have a swarm strategy to run them out. Block decks can get by without winning that many combats. Just the threat of combat discourages actions. Survival hinges on the blocks not the combats, though obviously reducing someone's number of minions reduces the number of needed blocks. Ousting is the main issue, but Smiling Jack doesn't require winning any combats, while the threat of combat can let some bleeds through to put someone within a tactically oustable range.

Just because you don't have something doesn't mean people will think you don't have it. For instance, I've often been in the situation where playing some Malky deck with a lack of bleed gets treated as if it could bleedzooka at any time, defeating the purpose of being bleedlite.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds