file First Tzimisce Intercept Deck - Thoughts?

10 Dec 2012 21:35 #42670 by DeathInABottle

I would also cut Anton and replace them with Caliban I(which has all superior disciplines) and is a 6-cap.

I agree with your other points, but not at all with this one. Anton's +1 intercept is huge. That said, I would definitely replace some of the other larger vampires with two copies of Caliban. I would double up on Devin, too, and downplay VIC in favour of ANI/AUS. There's no better crypt for intercept than ANI/AUS Tzimisce.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2012 19:12 #42700 by SClaytonU

By the way, where are the eyes of arguses?

He probably doesn't have any.

Indeed. I'd love to toss a few into the deck, but they're currently selling as singles on eBay for $10.00 apiece, and that's a little more than I'm comfortable spending on a single card.

More
11 Dec 2012 19:18 #42701 by SClaytonU

^^^

What ohlman said.

Plus, Pulse is very bad for tzimitze, as it drains their blood. I found living manses (if you have them), much, much better, with a nifty side effect that can save your skin when in a fight you do not want to be in.

I would remove that sole minion tap, as well as vicissitude master, add rack for it to help bloating and blood inflow, and a rotshreck.

Also, i would remove fast reactions (quite bad) for telepathic trackings, and instinctive reactions (quite bad) and one spirit's touch for 3 more telepathic misdirections.

I would also cut Anton and replace them with Caliban I(which has all superior disciplines) and is a 6-cap.

Also, you are missing Bowl of convergence, that is huge.

But the skeleton of the deck and idea is good and sound, which is rarely seen on first post in forums. Very nice!

Caliban would be an awesome addition to the deck, but he doesn't seem to be available anywhere as a single (at least not anywhere I've looked). I'd have to start buying old Sabbat War booster packs (not cheap) and hoping for the best.

I don't currently have a Bowl of Convergence, but I can get a few. I agree that it would be a nice piece of equipment to have.

I'd much prefer Telepathic Tracking to Fast Reaction, but once again I am stymied by a very limited collection of cards. Fast Reaction is what I got; Fast Reaction is what I play.

More
11 Dec 2012 19:29 #42702 by SClaytonU

Some Abbot would be wonderful for the deck.

Blood of acid is way too expensive to be good ; you can keep in x1 because it's fun, but it's only for fun.

I know it's pricy, but Brujah rush is very strong in my group's metaplay. I have it in there just to make them think twice, and hence only the one.

Scorpion Sting is weak, not unplayable, but I don't find it worth the trouble. If you have more Chiroptean Marauder it would be a good fit. Breath of the dragon is another good fit

See above, regarding the Brujah. This card has won too many fights for me to ditch it, although I would almost certainly reconsider in a tournament environment.

I would replace the govern by, well, anything else. For example, Fiendish Tongue. Only Lambach can play the govern, and he is only in x2 in your crypt. If you had 5 of them, it would be possible.

I don't have any Fiendish Tongues, unfortunately. I ran the Governs because the Happy Families tool suggested 3 Dominate cards to capitalize on Lambach's DOM. I'm mostly using them to bolster my Influence Phase, with bleeding as a secondary.

remove Haven Affinity. It's REALLY weak. If you have more Path of meta, it could be a good swap, since Horrid form is really stronger when you don't pay blood for it.

Right. Haven Affinity--gone. I have a second Path, so in it goes.

More
11 Dec 2012 19:35 #42703 by SClaytonU

Retainer (6)
2x Corpse Balloon
4x Revenant

I'm constantly amazed by how much play Revenant gets, but if you don't have Mr. Winthrop, one copy adds some possibly desirable permacept.

What makes Mr. Winthrop superior? Is it merely that he doesn't cost a blood?

More
11 Dec 2012 20:29 #42704 by Dorrinal
That's reason enough.

If you have Tastes of Vitae, add them instead of Fast Reaction. If not, I'd suggest more untap: cats, rats, dogs, plain old wake with evening's freshness; whatever you got.

:trem:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds