file Challenge: Help me build an Anarch deck using this crypt

13 Dec 2012 14:40 #42802 by chrisinpm
You all were very helpful with my last post so I'll see if I can pick your brains again.

I have been wanting to put together an Anarch deck for a while but wasn't sure where to begin. It seems like the anarch cards have a lot of flexibility if the vampires in your crypt have a broad range of disciplines which don't need to be at superior to utilize them.

I perused my collection with an eye on vampires that had the broadest spread of disciplines at inferior for the lowest general cost. I came up with the following candidates for a crypt. (I think the first one would be a standout in an anarch deck because of his special.)

Nickolai, the Survivor - aus dom pot pre thau vic (!Tre Cap: 6)
Louis Fortier - aus dom for obf pre (Ventrue Cap: 5)
Abdelsobek - for nec obf pre ser (FoS Cap: 5)
Margaret Milliner - dom for nec pot pre (Gio Cap: 5)
Gabriel de Cambrai - aus cel dem obf pre (!Tor Cap: 5)
Maria Stone (Advanced) - cel obf pre pro spi FOR (Ahr Cap: 5)

I'm assuming that I would use Anarch Converts to round out the crypt and faciliate my vampires going anarch? They seem to be the most efficient way of anarch-izing but I'm open to suggestions.

Presence is the common discipline on all the vampires, which makes me wonder if this crypt might work as an anarch vote deck (though I'm possibly handicapped by my scarcity of Fee Stake cards; I think I have three) that uses S:CE for combat avoidance.

I feel like there's the germ of a decent deck in here - probably not a Tier 1, but maybe a decent fun deck for the hobby store.

Local metagame is varied. Not too many vote decks. Combat, when it does show up, tends to be vicious, usually of the Cel/Pot or Nu the Pillar craziness.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2012 17:06 #42814 by Klaital
Maria Stone is group 3, Abdelsobek is group 5, so you have to drop one of the two. You could replace Abdel with Michael Knight though (Cristos Mantigo). For voting you kind of need superior presence though. You could make an undue influence + power of one bleed deck, but you don't really need that big guys for that.

More
13 Dec 2012 17:30 #42819 by brandonsantacruz
I think you are probably starting from the wrong place. Decide what you want to do with the anarch deck, then see what crypt options make sense. Anarch decks are tough to make work in the first place, so aim for some kind of efficiency towards a clear goal. If you want to maybe pick *one* of those vampires as a starting point, I could see that.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
13 Dec 2012 18:07 #42821 by chrisinpm
Good catch on the group 3-5 thing. Thanks.

I'm not familiar with the newer cards so I'll have to check out some of the cards mentioned.

@Brandon - I guess my problem is that I'm having trouble grokking what Anarchs actually *do* best. They seem toolbox-y to the point that it's *all* they do.

I tried doing some research by looking at anarch decks in the TWD archives, but generally they list the composition of the decks without explaining how to *play* them - which makes it tough to use them as a guide.

Sorry if I sound a little frustrated. I was an old-school player who played back when there were only four sets, and since the universe of cards expanded I'm finding I can't make decks any longer because there's simply too many options and I get overwhelmed. :(

More
13 Dec 2012 18:19 - 13 Dec 2012 18:21 #42822 by ICL

It seems like the anarch cards have a lot of flexibility if the vampires in your crypt have a broad range of disciplines which don't need to be at superior to utilize them.

Not really. Early three-ways were pretty bad, either having narrow effects, giving things you could already get by playing one or two disciplines (especially if you had superior), or just having weak effects. They've gotten better, but they still have a host of narrow effects. I keep trying to run The Final Loosening, but it keeps not doing anything, for instance.

In particular, having a superior discipline is far more effective than almost anything a three-way provides. Take Diversion. Rather than distort a crypt just to get the either/or of its uses (which people seemed too often to perceive as "and" rather than "or"), could just play CEL and be better at combat while having way more effective crypts.

However, a deck along the lines of what you are talking about is this deck:

Deck Name: 080609 Group 1 5 caps
Created By: Anarch Convert

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 4, Max: 20, Avg: 3.33)
5 Anarch Convert none 1 Caitiff
1 Bear Paw ANI for pre pro5 Gangrel
1 Didi Meyers aus cel DOM obf5 Malkavian
1 Melissa Barton cel dom for pre5 Ventrue
1 Ramiel DuPre aus cel dom PRE5 Toreador
1 Sabine Lafitte aus dom pot tha5 Tremere
1 Tiberius ani cel obf pot5 Nosferatu
1 Zebulon aus dom OBF pro5 Malkavian

Library: (75 cards)
Master (18 cards)
1 Anarch Free Press, The
1 Anarch Railroad
1 Anarch Revolt
1 Anarch Troublemaker
1 Barrens, The
5 Blood Doll
1 Channel 10
1 Club Illusion
1 Garibaldi-Meucci Museum
1 Libertas
1 Perfectionist
1 Poacher's Hunting Ground
1 Powerbase: Los Angeles
1 Twilight Camp

Action (10 cards)
2 Constant Revolution
1 Fee Stake: Corte
1 Fee Stake: Perth
1 Keystone Kine
2 Skullduggery
1 Smash and Grab
1 Undue Influence
1 World's a Canvas, The

Action Modifier (11 cards)
2 Cloak the Gathering
2 Conditioning
1 CrimethInc.
1 Monkey Wrench
2 Power of One
3 Veil the Legions

Reaction (15 cards)
1 Car Bomb
4 Deflection
3 Final Loosening
1 Mole, The
2 On the Qui Vive
4 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Combat (10 cards)
1 Diversion
1 Glancing Blow
2 Groundfighting
2 Hell-for-Leather
1 Lam Into
2 Target Head
1 Taste of Vitae

Ally (1 cards)
1 Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)

Retainer (1 cards)
1 Crypt's Sons

Equipment (6 cards)
1 .44 Magnum
1 Anarch Manifesto, An
1 Body Bag
1 Changeling Skin Mask
1 Deer Rifle
1 Highway Haven: RV

Combo (3 cards)
1 Blade Clot
2 Steely Tenacity

It's effectiveness is pretty much just due to Dominate + Obfuscate, but I've always enjoyed it for seeing what I even had the ability to play in a given turn.

Obviously, group 1 vampires aren't going to have access to a lot of the disciplines three-ways will have. There was a nostalgia element to this deck.

Anyway, figure out how you will win (i.e. oust and not get ousted), so that you aren't just running a joke deck, which this is fairly close to.

For a long time, pretty much just giving untitled vampires voting power was the value add of anarchy. I still mostly go anarch these days just to cryptthin and dodge Anarch Revolt. However, there are more build arounds, with Chameleon, Undue Influence + Power of One, Piper, Revolutionary Council. Putting all of those aside, since they would be different from the idea of versatility, the versatility path would be more along the lines of having a main play, say Principia Discordia, with branches of CrimethInc. and Detect Authority, or whatever. Or, just core the deck on good cards and play The Anarch Free Press, Anarch Railroad, Fee Stakes, three-ways, Monkey Wrench, Constant Revolution, or whatever as extra toys.
Last edit: 13 Dec 2012 18:21 by ICL.

More
13 Dec 2012 22:14 #42841 by Juggernaut1981
There is a really harsh Toreador Antitribu Anarch Bleed deck I've seen used a few times before.

Choose mid-to-small cap Toreador Antitribu with Presence. Send them Anarch by any method you want (I recommend Converts OR Twilight Camp). The rest of the deck is Palla Grande's, Power of One, Undue Influence. You'll have 3 or 4 bleeds for 3+ a turn and gain a blood each time. If you want combat, you can just stick with something free like Staredown. It seems like it should run out of steam (being a weenie deck) but it seems to be a deck that can roll itself along and gain momentum throughout the game.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds