file Challenge: Help me build an Anarch deck using this crypt

16 Dec 2012 19:09 #42992 by chrisinpm
@Adonai & Juggernaut - I spaced on Eyes of Argus not working against votes. Since most of the vampires have AUS, I'll change to Enhanced Senses for vote defense. We don't get much voting in the metagame, so I'd rather see a card that could do the usual intercept stuff instead of cards being useful only against votes. Thanks for the links to the Anarch resources. :)

@Lemm - The Flashes were artifacts from the earlier deck version using !Toreador. I've replaced the four flashes with a few more S:CE cards. If I get an immortal grapple deck on me, I guess I'm screwed...

When you said "if you're serious about..." I assume you're implying that you think those cards (the ghoul and the manifesto) are sub-optimal choices. Anything that gives me permanent stealth on my primary bleeding actions seems like a good deal; if you disagree I'd like to hear your (and others') insights. I'm here to learn. :)

Sadly I don't own a copy of Crypt's Sons or Lillith's (and my God, that card seems highly overpowered...) so I can't add them. I can add a copy of Heidelburg. Do you really think I have too many Masters if I add Heidelberg in? I do have 18 (19 with Heidelberg) at the moment but six of them are trifles.

OK... here's version 1.1.

Deck Name: Aus / Pre Anarch 1.1
Author: CJA
Description:
Anarch deck. I used the !Toreador decks as a base, but decided to trade the power of Palla Grande for the flexibility of a crypt based on Aus/Pre vampires that weren\'t neccessarily !Toreador.

Crypt (13 cards; Capacity min=1 max=6 avg=3.15)
===============================================
5x Anarch Convert 1 Caitiff:ANY
1x Antoinette, She Who Watches 6 cel obf AUS PRE Toreador:3
1x Elena Gutierrez 4 aus dom pre Ventrue:3
1x Jost Werner 6 ani AUS PRE !Toreador:2
1x Lena Rowe 3 aus obf pre Pander:2
1x Maldavis 4 for pre AUS Caitiff:3
1x Mercy, Knight Inquisitor 5 cel dom pre AUS !Toreador:2
1x Michael Luther 4 aus pre Toreador:3
1x Remilliard, Devout Crusader 4 pre AUS !Toreador:2

Library (83 cards)
==================
Master (19)
1x Anarch Free Press, The
1x Anarch Railroad
4x Anarch Revolt
1x Auspex
1x Coven, The
1x Fetish Club Hunting Ground
1x Heidelberg Castle, Germany
1x Hospital Food
1x Information Highway
1x Jake Washington (Hunter)
5x Life in the City
1x Powerbase: Los Angeles

Action (20)
1x Entrancement
1x Principia Discordia
18x Undue Influence

Equipment (2)
2x Anarch Manifesto, An

Retainer (2)
2x Marijava Ghoul

Action Modifier (8)
8x Power of One

Reaction (22)
6x Enhanced Senses
4x On the Qui Vive
4x Telepathic Counter
4x Telepathic Misdirection
4x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Combat (10)
5x Majesty
5x Unholy Penance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2012 19:15 - 16 Dec 2012 19:21 #42994 by Klaital
Antoinette is a Primogen and thus can't go anarch. Use Sheila Mezarin instead who is just better. You also really need Club Illusion if you ever want to oust anyone. Michael Luther could just as well be Sabrina, Elena could be Creamy Jade, Lena could be Lolita, and Maldavis be Victor Revell or Cristos Mantigo, and then you suddenly have a full !tor deck with about as good crypt and can add palla grande!
Last edit: 16 Dec 2012 19:21 by Klaital.

More
17 Dec 2012 02:34 - 17 Dec 2012 02:34 #43018 by the1andonlime
I would suggest cutting out some stuff that don't seem to help you much.
Most of the intercept is not going to do you much good. If you're worried about votes, you can consider Foundation Exhibit and Delaying Tactics.

Library (8368 cards)
==================
Master (19)
1x Anarch Free Press, The
1x Anarch Railroad
4x Anarch Revolt
1x Auspex - You just need 1 or 2 vamps with :AUS:
1x Coven, The
1x Fetish Club Hunting Ground
1x Heidelberg Castle, Germany
1x Hospital Food - The Free Press should suffice. you're not going to run out of blood so quickly that you'll need LitC, Jake, AFP, HG and this
1x Information Highway - Don't bother. Your UI should let you bring out vamps faster than you can refill your uncontrolled region. Might I suggest Effective Management instead?
1x Jake Washington (Hunter)
5x Life in the City
1x Powerbase: Los Angeles

- Consider 1 Smear Campaign against annoying cards like No Secrets from the Magaji and Abbot

Action (20)
1x Entrancement
1x Principia Discordia
18x Undue Influence

Equipment (2)
2x Anarch Manifesto, An

Retainer (2)
2x Marijava Ghoul

Action Modifier (8)
8x Power of One

Reaction (22)
6x Enhanced Senses - See above about intercepts. Maybe Delaying Tactics?
4x On the Qui Vive
4x Telepathic Counter
4x Telepathic Misdirection
42x Wake with Evening's Freshness - Trust me, you don't want to be jammed up on Wakes

Combat (10)
53x Majesty - Again, you don't want to be jammed on combat cards. Most times I'm sure you don't want to be in combat.
53x Unholy Penance

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz
Last edit: 17 Dec 2012 02:34 by the1andonlime.

More
17 Dec 2012 11:43 #43038 by Lemminkäinen

@Lemm - The Flashes were artifacts from the earlier deck version using !Toreador. I've replaced the four flashes with a few more S:CE cards. If I get an immortal grapple deck on me, I guess I'm screwed...

If you're facing Immortal Grapple decks regularly, then Charismatic Aura is the ultimate answer, but otherwise I guess you'd just need to accept that IG will be nasty.

When you said "if you're serious about..." I assume you're implying that you think those cards (the ghoul and the manifesto) are sub-optimal choices. Anything that gives me permanent stealth on my primary bleeding actions seems like a good deal; if you disagree I'd like to hear your (and others') insights. I'm here to learn. :)

Ah, sorry, I meant it more in that if you wish to pursue that angle more. The tool up will slow you down, but permanent stealth is very nice. With Heidelberg you can sort of tool up faster in a way in that the equipment/retainers can help two dudes every turn.

Sadly I don't own a copy of Crypt's Sons or Lillith's (and my God, that card seems highly overpowered...) so I can't add them. I can add a copy of Heidelburg. Do you really think I have too many Masters if I add Heidelberg in? I do have 18 (19 with Heidelberg) at the moment but six of them are trifles.

Well, your card flow should be pretty fast on your turn once you have a ocuple of vampires and you have a large reaction package in addition to the master package, so hand jam is certainly a threat. But it's a bit hard to gauge without actual play experience with the deck, so you could test it like this and then adjust if you get too many masters.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds