file Stealing Snakes

26 May 2013 02:12 - 26 May 2013 02:59 #49106 by Juggernaut1981
Deck Name : Stealing Snakes
Author : Juggernaut1981
Description :
A corruption-counter-minion-theft deck. It has gotten GW+3VP in a local tournament and made its way to a final where it was successfully shut down by a combination of table-talk from my prey and a card-jam on 2nd Trads.
During one of the games, my prey felt confident in keeping his mid-to-large cap minions (in the specific case Ingrid Rossler) in front of this deck until I placed 6 counters on her in a single turn.

In the long-run, I'd like to have more copies of Corruption and less Revelation of Ecstasy but my collection won't sustain it.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 4 max: 10 average: 6
8x Aabbt Kindred (4):for: :pre: :ser:Follower of Set(group 2)
4x Nefertiti (10):DOM: :OBF: :PRE: :SER: :cel: :pot:Follower of Set(group 2)

Library [80 cards]

Action [33]
4x Corruption
6x Govern the Unaligned
4x Mesu Bedshet
13x Revelation of Ecstasy
6x Waters of Duat

Action Modifier [23]
8x Change of Target
8x Freak Drive
7x Venenation

Master [16]
3x Dominate
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
2x Eternals of Sirius, The
2x Fortitude
1x Heidelberg Castle, Germany
2x Khobar Towers, Al-Khubar
4x Serpentis

Reaction [8]
8x Deflection

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Sun May 26 13:55:40 2013]

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 26 May 2013 02:59 by Juggernaut1981.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2013 11:47 #49125 by ReverendRevolver
Looks solid, but why no form of corruption?

More
26 May 2013 18:04 #49134 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Stealing Snakes
You have no stealth, and no combat in the whole deck, looks like some dude with +1 intercerpt and a magnum can totally shut you down.

More
26 May 2013 18:15 #49135 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Stealing Snakes
I suppose that's because if you water down the corrupting action with anti-combat or additional stealth, you risk to lose against everything instead of losing only against people with raven spy.

More
26 May 2013 23:35 - 27 May 2013 00:45 #49138 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Stealing Snakes
Actually, if they sit there with a chump blocker and +1 intercept... then they tend to get stolen through Venenations. (And I would target that minion heavily on the turn that it is shown to be unable to block)

Plus, being asked to generate many wakes in a turn is often beyond most intercept decks, except maybe a No Secrets deck and then you were pantsed by the VTES Ro-Sham-Bo (Scissors-Paper-Rock) before you sat down.

If I were to push the deck up to 90 cards, then I would also add in 5 more Venenation and 5 Change of Target.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 27 May 2013 00:45 by Juggernaut1981.

More
27 May 2013 03:51 #49144 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Stealing Snakes
The problem I see, that in a game rock-paper-scissors, this deck loses to more decks, than it should. +1 intercept would be tricky, just because 8 Change of Target and 8 Freak Drives (without fortitude for the star, just 2 skill cards, thus no superior till endgame).

Then again, deck would lose to rush, even Obedience ain't there...

Even dedicated bleed would be a problem. No crypt acceleration (1 in 20 ain't enough), no wakes, and this means you have to spend 14 transfers before you can realistically bounce with those 8 Deflections.

Nothing against votes. Even though stealing high-cap with votes would be great, they are usually fatter, and even then, you would remove them from game, not keep as vote-protection.

So, I'd advice to make the deck fast, not flexible. I'd double Fortitudes, to get them faster, add 2 Info Highway and 2 Zhilla's Valley. Deck is formidable if let loose and then it can easily build up defences, so you need to max out your delivery speed.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds