file Stealing Snakes

01 Jul 2013 12:56 #50835 by ReverendRevolver
The oust speee isnt what puzzles me.

I dont own any abbt kindred, or id test this to ses the flow, but im really confused by the small number of eternals. Ascendance lategame isnt alot, but anythint helps, and being able to (if you get 2 Eos in hand and a good crypt draw) spend 8 transfers, 2 cards, 2 mpas and 8 pool on 18 pool worth of 3 minions, all od which can act turn 3, seems odd.

Again, cant build it to test it, but that baffles me. My meta is stupid block qnd combay heavy, so id use some fortitude to keep my abbts alive longer, but other than that, venetation-change of target rinse and repeat seems a viable way of stacking corruption counters without having to use all the fatties rom g45 and you have acxess to deflection

So, the deck, to me, looks like it works just fine, but im puzzled by the low number of efernals and somewhat by the lack of DT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2013 22:43 #50852 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Stealing Snakes
No you don't need the 10-cap in play. You can get the corruptions starting to work through the Waters of the Duat. You can also get them working by taking other undirected actions such as Mesu Bedshet. That's why there are the Venenations and Change of Targets.

It is not as slow as you think. And the biggest reason is that you insist that I need to basically bleed through all 30 pool rather than just letting your prey spend a good chunk of their pool.

In a social game where I had a AUS-CEL-Guns Predator, a Spiderkiller prey and a Tzim Vote cross table, I walked away with all of the VPs. Mostly because I waited, I played a few things carefully (like bringing out a few minions all at once) and when I saw the opportunity lunged and bled them out.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
02 Jul 2013 06:26 #50855 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Stealing Snakes

No you don't need the 10-cap in play. You can get the corruptions starting to work through the Waters of the Duat. You can also get them working by taking other undirected actions such as Mesu Bedshet. That's why there are the Venenations and Change of Targets.

If you prey cooperate, yes it may be faster. Still, he is allowed to spread the corruption counter, to avoid giving you too much speed. In other words, your plan is for your prey to play badly and not see you coming, which she will do the instant you play a Venenation or discard a corrupting action. That's an atonishingly bad plan, and quite frankly you seem foolish to rely on it.

Only Nefertiti have sup' serpentis, only Nefertiti can play the water of duat, and only Nefertiti or Aabt with already a discipline master on them can play Water of Duat. The deck is entirely useless without her. Even the secondary plan of bleeding your prey out with the waters and Nefertiti is slow as hell.

Note that the deck is still slow to grind through 10 pool which was my estimate, not 30. You don't exactly have masses of bleed action, and more importantly yur prey have the right to redirect you, bloat, or kill its prey.

The fact that in one game you played decently and gained a GW - which basically can occur with any deck - don't mean the deck is not slow. Very slow. Extremely slow.

Also, what do you do if your predator stealth rush Nefertiti ? No combat card at all, no intercept, and suddenly you will have a bad weenie deck with 13 dead actions in the deck.

More
02 Jul 2013 07:13 #50856 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Stealing Snakes
@Ohlmann:
It's not a Swiss Army Knife. If your predator is stealth rush (which happens exactly how often in a tournament?? Not even in the relatively combat high environment I tend to play both socially and in competitions so I see Stealth Rush) then you're dead. Really.

10 pool is not hard to get through if you are smart about it.

With 1 in 10 cards being a discipline card, it isn't hard to get an Aabbt Kindred to a 5-cap.

All I can say to you Ohlmann, is to turn around and actually play it. Try it. Then go on about how it "can't oust" 10 pool in a turn or so.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
02 Jul 2013 07:26 - 02 Jul 2013 07:28 #50858 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Stealing Snakes
You can bleed out 10 point in one turn with a bit of luck. But if you oust your prey without having actually corrupted a minion, what is the point of the deck ? So, you need to steal a minion, then oust with your other card. That's why it's slow.

Also, yes, an Aabt can get 5-cap. It's called another moving part, as if there weren't enough of them, especially since you would prefer to keep the serpentis for the water of duat.

(note that Enkidu does correspond to the criteria "stealth rush", ad do anything with Archon or Alastor. Or Talbot. That's not what I call "rare rogues deck")

Edit : and 10 pool is a bit optimistic with 6 govern. You need 2 dom minion, 2 govern, 3 other minion, and no untimely block or redirection. Doable, but not the most easy to get situation.
Last edit: 02 Jul 2013 07:28 by Ohlmann.

More
02 Jul 2013 07:27 - 02 Jul 2013 07:30 #50859 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: Stealing Snakes
Actually, the problem with stealth rush is true whith nearly any kind of predator. The only defense is deflection and I think a good bleeder will still kill you before you kill your prey.

A voter rape you, a blocker strangle you making all your undirected actions dangerous (and your predator won't be afraid of your venenation considering that he can choose which vampire block i he plays weenie and you don't have enough venenation to steal even Carna and even Neighbour John.) a no stealth rusher will have trouble hitting Nefertiti but will slow you enough to make you lose (you need a lot of minion).

I think it can be funny to play with but not to make good result tournament wise.
Last edit: 02 Jul 2013 07:30 by Timo.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds