file Scobax Wall

09 Jul 2011 08:15 #6098 by Silmegil
Replied by Silmegil on topic Re: Scobax Wall
Damn, I like that there are people, who found out same sick concept as me. I am really sad though, that I did not make it work properly. There are some good ideas in this topic though, so I will try to implement them. Scobax FTW!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2011 00:04 #6124 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Scobax Wall

However, I do think it can win.

I've played against the deck every session for 2 months straight (back in 2010).
It does not win and frequently fails to oust in the 2 hour time period and has never acquired 2 vps. The concept isn't new or unique, its been played since the day Heirs was released. Its a very good way to convince people to stop playing games with you. If you only get to play at tournaments 2-3 times per year, perhaps a deck that can take victory points as well as survive would be a better choice.

More
10 Jul 2011 21:14 #6155 by Demnogonis Saastuttaja

I didn't like playing against this either. However, I do think it can win. When we played against it, it seemed to only need one more punch after it controls the table. There are problems with it though.

Perhaps it needs some legal manipulations, some stealth and some Ashur recursion, to have the needed flexibility.

:ANI: :AUS: :VIC:

More
11 Jul 2011 06:55 #6160 by DeathInABottle
Replied by DeathInABottle on topic Re: Scobax Wall

A couple of months ago, i played a game with Ben Peal in which he used a similar concept to yours : He played weenie !Salubri with 50ish Hide the heart. His masters were, apart from the regular wall stuff, lots of suddens and washes (as he explained, to counter evil bloodgaining masters which refill vampires after you have spent 5-6 reactions to empty out). He used camera phones, sticks and eye of unforgiving heaven with some light prevent to go forward with his 4-5 !Salubri. The deck didn't really fare well, but had decent success, mostly at pissing off entire table :laugh: :laugh: .

Hide the Heart doesn't stack with itself like Scobax does, which is huge. I have a Hide the Heart, Loving Agony to the vitals deck that has fared really rather well. It relies in getting cheap !Salubri and then Brothers in Arms and bleeding with Burning Touch.

I just built this exact deck (in FELDB), but omitted the Brothers in Arms. I'm using Group 6 !Sal. Noticed any problems in play that you could warn me about before I actually build the deck? And how many Hide the Hearts are you using?

More
11 Jul 2011 08:21 #6161 by Blooded Sand
Replied by Blooded Sand on topic Re: Scobax Wall
It needs Pre masters and heart of the city, ousting power done. This also allows access to the bali master for 3 pool on hordes.

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
11 Jul 2011 08:51 - 11 Jul 2011 08:51 #6162 by Pendargon
Replied by Pendargon on topic Re: Scobax Wall

A couple of months ago, i played a game with Ben Peal in which he used a similar concept to yours : He played weenie !Salubri with 50ish Hide the heart. His masters were, apart from the regular wall stuff, lots of suddens and washes (as he explained, to counter evil bloodgaining masters which refill vampires after you have spent 5-6 reactions to empty out). He used camera phones, sticks and eye of unforgiving heaven with some light prevent to go forward with his 4-5 !Salubri. The deck didn't really fare well, but had decent success, mostly at pissing off entire table :laugh: :laugh: .

Hide the Heart doesn't stack with itself like Scobax does, which is huge. I have a Hide the Heart, Loving Agony to the vitals deck that has fared really rather well. It relies in getting cheap !Salubri and then Brothers in Arms and bleeding with Burning Touch.

I just built this exact deck (in FELDB), but omitted the Brothers in Arms. I'm using Group 6 !Sal. Noticed any problems in play that you could warn me about before I actually build the deck? And how many Hide the Hearts are you using?

I didn't play the deck, Ben Peal did :-D. It was very annoying for his predator, but seriously lacked forward momentum. From what i recollect, he had around 45 hide the hearts, blood dolls were his only masters apart from washes and suddens, he used abbot, weighted waking sticks and target vitals, and camera phones to go forward, along side with some burning touch. He also had restricted vitae. That is all that i can remember from this distance.
His tactics were severely hampered by the fact that his prey was a Salubri Marionette deck, which managed to put heidelberg in, and proceeded to keep his vampires full via marionette.

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
Last edit: 11 Jul 2011 08:51 by Pendargon.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds