file Scobax Wall

05 Jul 2011 22:41 - 05 Jul 2011 22:41 #5902 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic Re: Scobax Wall
Add an Anarch module? Anarch revolts can give you the punch you lack, but for that you need to thin out the masters.

-1 Fame
-1 Powerbase Chicago
-2 Milicent Smith
-1 Path of Evil Revelations

Hunger moon is mandatory: it is 1 card worth 5 Scobax.
Last edit: 05 Jul 2011 22:41 by Boris The Blade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2011 00:23 #5905 by MSummers
Replied by MSummers on topic Re: Scobax Wall
Awesome additions, is Veil of Darkness really worth the permanent decreased hand size though? It only looks like it 'may' throw a wrench into whomever's actions.

The neighborhood watch commanders also have synergy with the deck but have the problem of costing 2 blood, and a pool for the untap, which means if I have to stealth it the horde is empty and I am down a minion for the watch commander. Do I not use a stealth card that costs blood? Not bother with stealth? Risking the action means I might lose the minion.

Also using Anarch Revolts I came across the problem of my prey's large vampire becoming an Anarch and would never act. I have yet to figure out a way to get rid of specific vampires without really acting.

More
06 Jul 2011 05:09 #5910 by Lemminkäinen
Replied by Lemminkäinen on topic Re: Scobax Wall

A couple of months ago, i played a game with Ben Peal in which he used a similar concept to yours : He played weenie !Salubri with 50ish Hide the heart. His masters were, apart from the regular wall stuff, lots of suddens and washes (as he explained, to counter evil bloodgaining masters which refill vampires after you have spent 5-6 reactions to empty out). He used camera phones, sticks and eye of unforgiving heaven with some light prevent to go forward with his 4-5 !Salubri. The deck didn't really fare well, but had decent success, mostly at pissing off entire table :laugh: :laugh: .

Hide the Heart doesn't stack with itself like Scobax does, which is huge. I have a Hide the Heart, Loving Agony to the vitals deck that has fared really rather well. It relies in getting cheap !Salubri and then Brothers in Arms and bleeding with Burning Touch.

Also using Anarch Revolts I came across the problem of my prey's large vampire becoming an Anarch and would never act. I have yet to figure out a way to get rid of specific vampires without really acting.

Society of Leopold forces the vampire to act eventually.

More
06 Jul 2011 18:23 - 06 Jul 2011 18:25 #5957 by Robert Scythe
Replied by Robert Scythe on topic Re: Scobax Wall
NOOO! Don't help with this thing! It needs to go away. With this and the Malk MN Reversal Lockdown deck that was one frustrating tournament. And, Michael, you did get a VP on the table where you all made a deal and they gave you James. I think you were almost out of cards because if you broke the deal you might have got your next prey as well if you had enough left.
Last edit: 06 Jul 2011 18:25 by Robert Scythe.

More
06 Jul 2011 20:47 - 06 Jul 2011 20:48 #5968 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Scobax Wall

Don't help with this thing! It needs to go away.

This type of deck scares me more than "Girls who", where this type of deck means:
the opponents don't play and the player still doesn't win.
Last edit: 06 Jul 2011 20:48 by Adonai.

More
07 Jul 2011 00:20 #5977 by TorranceCircle
Replied by TorranceCircle on topic Re: Scobax Wall

Don't help with this thing! It needs to go away.

This type of deck scares me more than "Girls who", where this type of deck means:
the opponents don't play and the player still doesn't win.

I didn't like playing against this either. However, I do think it can win. When we played against it, it seemed to only need one more punch after it controls the table. There are problems with it though.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds