file Trying again to TWD with mill + brinkmanship !! Help !!

17 Aug 2015 11:59 #72569 by Borrelstein
Ok so you really want that Brinksmanship oust? Quite a challenge!

Honestly this deck is going to be very slow, hence you need focus or the milling will not do anything. I think milling is good as a disruptive strategy against some decks (Anson!) but during a 2 hour game you would be lucky to mill through more than one library, and as you are slow you need to stay alive until the end game.

With this crypt you are unlikely to have vote majority at any table (adding big-caps without votes like Owain is not helping) to get Brinksmanship through. Perhaps it makes sense to include voting rather than bleeding as the secondary strategy, and add more intrinsic votes to the crypt, and the some push like private audience/telepathic vote counting. Indeed Dia de Los Muertos is a no-brainer for Brinksmanship.

Having Kyle as your biggest vamp slows everything down a lot, and you have no crypt acceleration. I also think the Harbingers in the crypt should be Egotha/Agaitas if you want milling, Gisela/Anisa does not accomplish any milling.

For the library, I would bring it down to 80 cards max and in particular cut the master section to <20. Take out the whole Parthenon/Therbold Realty/storage annex/protected resources module; it is better to have the locations you want (Slaughterhouse/Dia) faster instead of getting a master jam in the early game. Add Dreams of the Sphynx for crypt acceleration and cycling.

Hope this helps, good luck on your quest!
The following user(s) said Thank You: malkavianbarcelona

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2015 12:08 #72570 by malkavianbarcelona
yeah it does... But i have only one single problem. How i avoid Delaying Tactics the turn i need to play dia de los muertos + Brinkmanship ?? The rest of changes are posible... off course, and use mid caps ventreu! just to have access to demonstration and extra AUS vamp it was in my mind too.

Then Any ideas to dont be complete busted if somebody plays delaying over my brinkmanhsip ??

More
17 Aug 2015 12:09 - 17 Aug 2015 12:10 #72571 by malkavianbarcelona
Why Pulse of Canaille: to play it at aus to see the hands of all metusalas searching delaying before jump to dia de los muertos + brinkmanship :__D
Last edit: 17 Aug 2015 12:10 by malkavianbarcelona.

More
17 Aug 2015 12:56 - 17 Aug 2015 14:16 #72572 by brandonsantacruz

yeah it does... But i have only one single problem. How i avoid Delaying Tactics the turn i need to play dia de los muertos + Brinkmanship ?? The rest of changes are posible... off course, and use mid caps ventreu! just to have access to demonstration and extra AUS vamp it was in my mind too.

Then Any ideas to dont be complete busted if somebody plays delaying over my brinkmanhsip ??

You could call the vote out of turn and have a DI in hand for the delaying tactics. It messes up the Dia de los Muertos angle, but lets you cancel a DT. If Kyle calls the vote he also has PRE for Approximation of Loyalty at PRE.

For vote lock don't forget Powerbase: Madrid.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 17 Aug 2015 14:16 by brandonsantacruz.

More
17 Aug 2015 13:52 #72573 by Ankha
One can't play Delaying Tactics on a referendum that automatically passes (eg. with Dia de Los Muertos)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: malkavianbarcelona

More
18 Aug 2015 23:03 - 18 Aug 2015 23:07 #72599 by malkavianbarcelona
Ok... Then i try to follow some advices and remove politics ventrue! to win speed. This is what i get from it. I think is pretty easy to improve and again i will ask about your point of view about, by the way... I think the big problem will be if somebody will play a sudden reversal/wash to my dia de los muertos... any good idea to avoid this ?? or any plan B i can follow if this happens to get my Brinkmanship inn without vote ??

Thanks for any help ^^

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 23, Max: 28, Avg: 6.33)
1 Billy AUS dom for 5 Ventrue Antitribu
3 Agaitas AUS for NEC 6 Harbingers of Skulls
1 Charice Fontaigne for pot AUS DOM6 Ventrue Antitribu
1 Marlene AUS dem DOM for tha6 Ventrue Antitribu
1 Sheila Mezarin AUS cel for PRE6 Toreador Antitribu
3 Egothha AUS FOR NEC obf7 Harbingers of Skulls
1 Omaya ANI AUS FOR pro7 Gangrel Antitribu
1 Blackhorse Tanner AUS DOM FOR 7 Ventrue Antitribu

Library: (76 cards)
Master (32 cards)
3 Parthenon, The
2 Therbold Realty
6 Slaughterhouse, The
2 Vessel
4 Villein
1 Erciyes Fragments, The
1 Día de los Muertos
1 Bleeding the Vine
2 Protected Resources
2 Storage Annex
1 Elder Library
1 Secure Haven
1 Hungry Coyote, The
1 Demonstration
1 Sunset Strip, Hollywood
1 Festivo dello Estinto
2 Fortitude

Action (4 cards)
2 Zillah`s Tears
2 Harvest Rites

Action Modifier (8 cards)
2 Daring the Dawn
2 Call of the Hungry Dead
4 Freak Drive

Political Action (2 cards)
2 Brinksmanship

Reaction (13 cards)
2 My Enemy`s Enemy
3 Telepathic Counter
4 Telepathic Misdirection
2 On the Qui Vive
2 Eyes of Argus

Combat (14 cards)
4 Hidden Strength
4 Indomitability
2 Resilience
1 Rolling with the Punches
1 Skin of Steel
2 Superior Mettle

Equipment (3 cards)
1 Sacre Cour Cathedral, France
1 Erebus Mask
1 Shaal Fragment
Last edit: 18 Aug 2015 23:07 by malkavianbarcelona.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds