file My 1st Deck (Having Never Played VTES)

22 Mar 2018 19:52 #85956 by narpassword

What exactly is "Deep Song" and why does it harm the assets, reputation, property, etc. of another Methuselah?

whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Animalism_(VTM)

Deep Song: Influence the emotional state of listeners with a song

Sounds like it works well for a card that can bleed or enter combat.

Change emotional state to panic make them make a poor investment choice like buying bitcoins.
Make them rage and destroy their property.
Make them agrey enough to enter combat with you.

All seem to cover the ability's description.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2018 20:09 #85957 by TwoRazorReign

With animalism, you can also use Army of Rats (my favorite card in the game). You'd have to defend it though...

Not as often as you would think. It's "just" one pool, right? Folks forego dealing with it thinking that forward progress is more important.

Fantastic point. This is exactly why Army of Rats is my favorite card in the game.

More
22 Mar 2018 20:56 #85958 by Kushiel

Also, to anyone who may be reading: What do you imagine 'bleeding' to be?

Removing beads from the table.

If you try to approach VTES as a game that has any kind of conceptual/mechanical parity, you'll go insane very quickly. :)

More
22 Mar 2018 22:27 #85961 by LivesByProxy

Why is everyone fine with Dominate being the best bleeding and best bleed defense discipline?

Excellent strawman argument, as no one said that, ever.
Try to not use logical fallacies to support your arguments, please.

Do you mean cards that are not dominate, presence or political actions have poor ousting power? :dry: Yeah, welcome to VTES where everyone is fine with dominate being OP.

I was asking a relevant question as prompted by BloodArtist's comment. Check yourself before you wreck yourself, matey. ;)

But seriously though, there are so many cards that burn pool or bleed your prey for minuscule amounts compared to Dominate. Why? As I've said in another thread, Richard Garfield, for all his genius, seemed prone to making power cards. Conditioning and Govern The Unaligned seem like VTES's equivalent of MTG's Ancestral Recall and Time Walk (two OP / broken cards.)

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
22 Mar 2018 22:30 #85963 by Blooded Sand

Why is everyone fine with Dominate being the best bleeding and best bleed defense discipline?

Excellent strawman argument, as no one said that, ever.
Try to not use logical fallacies to support your arguments, please.

Do you mean cards that are not dominate, presence or political actions have poor ousting power? :dry: Yeah, welcome to VTES where everyone is fine with dominate being OP.

I was asking a relevant question as prompted by BloodArtist's comment. Check yourself before you wreck yourself, matey. ;)

Not my fault you missed the invisible /s after his line...

But seriously though, there are so many cards that burn pool or bleed your prey for minuscule amounts compared to Dominate. Why? As I've said in another thread, Richard Garfield, for all his genius, seemed prone to making power cards. Conditioning and Govern The Unaligned seem like VTES's equivalent of MTG's Ancestral Recall and Time Walk (two OP / broken cards.)

Nope, that would be return to Innocence and Protect Thine Own, actually.

The problem with dominate is in it's versatility. Same with Presence. Presence suffers due to having insane synergy with voting heavy decks using VC and Majesty.

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
22 Mar 2018 23:37 #85966 by LivesByProxy
I got the sarcasm, which is directed at the VTES community, no? Players play with the strongest cards and tactics available, because they are what get VP and win games. But I don't see any pressure from players to have the designers buff the other Disciplines up to Dominate's level of power and versatility (so many cards are deemed 'wallpaper' for their uselessness). So while the players would seem to dislike it, as you and BloodArtist imply, they're also willing to just accept it, which is like the definition of despair. XD

OK, Protect Thine Own is pretty powerful, but why was Return To Innocence banned? You spend pool to get a big vamp out, and then use Innocence to burn prey's pool but you lose your fatty. It enabled a board sweep? Was there some combo that kept your vamp from being burnt? Explain please.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds