file TWD-The Unnamed: Newark, Ohio September 24th 2011

28 Sep 2011 11:13 #11082 by DJ_Assface

Is there any reason you excluded Amaravati? Seems like he would fit in here well.

i think he probably wants to look non-threatening. I've noticed that there are a group of vampires that, when they are influenced out, become an instant conversation. That is, the conversation of table threat and why the controller must be ousted. Lutz & Arika are two examples. Since the death star deck type, Ammaravati is one of these vampires. So, if you are influencing out as many assamites as you can and then people see Amaravati, those Hakim's Law: leadership that Jay said weren't being blocked would start to get blocked. And soon the combat would be exposed as limited. And then what would Bakir do with his innate rush? Also, he costs 8 pool, too many high mid-caps would not do.

Well, Jay, is this on the right track?

The truth is that I forgot about him. However, I prefer Torrence Circle's Answer :laugh:

Jay Kristoff
V:EKN Prince of Columbus, Ohio USA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2011 14:06 #11089 by Robba Yaga
Jay, you should take the above compliment as is (whether he was being facetious or not). You're a really amazing player, especially with unorthodox decks. I enjoy your decks a lot because I also like building "Mission Impossible" decks as Merlin likes to call them, but you actually win with them and its from watching how you (and other excellent players) play such decks that I've gotten better, not because my decks are particularly improved.

On that note, I don't find this deck as unorthodox as others seem to. Congrats on the win. =-)

Robb

More
28 Sep 2011 14:11 #11090 by Mephistopheles

Jay, you should take the above compliment as is (whether he was being facetious or not).
Robb

If you are referring to me than it was an honest compliment. Anybody can win a tournament with a Tier1 deck or with well known powerhouses. But not a lot of players can win with decks Jay plays. 100% of the players I talked to here (including myself) don't understand how Jay wins with his decks. since he wins and we don't this must mean he has an insight of the game I can only envy.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
28 Sep 2011 15:41 #11092 by Kushiel

100% of the players I talked to here (including myself) don't understand how Jay wins with his decks.

You can reduce that figure a bit; I know how Jay wins with his decks. B) Here's how he wins with those decks: He's an absurdly good player, but is also friendly and funny and low-key enough that people tend to forget that.

Note that my statement about how he wins with those decks deliberately contains zero information about what's in those decks. Generally, VTES players overvalue deck construction. Once you get past a certain (actually rather low) threshold of tournament viability and matchup dependence, player skill becomes an exponentially larger factor determining who wins than deck composition is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KevinM

More
28 Sep 2011 17:42 #11101 by Mephistopheles
Well, you might be right Kushiel.

I recently caught myself constantly overestimating the amount of bleed decks played at a tournament. I have many many deck ideas I never build because I am too afraid I finish playing 3x 10 minutes cause I am get bled out right away. The funny thing is that I can remember only 1 bleed deck predator out of the last 11 games played at a tournament...

So yeah basically you can play everything you want until your deck has some kind of strategy. I should find the guts to play all my ideas I had discarded before...

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
28 Sep 2011 18:09 #11103 by TorranceCircle

Is there any reason you excluded Amaravati? Seems like he would fit in here well.

i think he probably wants to look non-threatening. I've noticed that there are a group of vampires that, when they are influenced out, become an instant conversation. That is, the conversation of table threat and why the controller must be ousted. Lutz & Arika are two examples. Since the death star deck type, Ammaravati is one of these vampires. So, if you are influencing out as many assamites as you can and then people see Amaravati, those Hakim's Law: leadership that Jay said weren't being blocked would start to get blocked. And soon the combat would be exposed as limited. And then what would Bakir do with his innate rush? Also, he costs 8 pool, too many high mid-caps would not do.

Well, Jay, is this on the right track?

The truth is that I forgot about him. However, I prefer Torrence Circle's Answer :laugh:

HaHa! That is so funny! Overthinking is my specialty! (Only second to getting ousted! lol!)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds