file TWD-The Unnamed: Newark, Ohio September 24th 2011

27 Sep 2011 07:54 #11041 by DJ_Assface

So all your actions are at 1 stealth. Which means that you rely on the "bruise" effct form your 10 combat cards (8mmake some damage) to get all your actions passed. Meanwhile you have no way to weaken your predator (rush cards, or whatever) and only 2 wake cards. Supposed you draw your Market Square early you can wake 2 times and block with 1 intercept. That is all the defense your deck has,

This deck doesn't need much defense. It falls into my category of "ignore your predator" deck. It is a 60 card deck. More than 25% of those 60 cards is Haqim's Law: Leadership. In all 3 rounds of play on Saturday, I believe that at most, that action blocked 3 times. It is as if everyone else was playing with 30 pool and I was playing with 62.

So I still don't see how this deck is any good. Over the last few years I noticed that you build very "strange" decks. The fact that you can win with these things means you are maybe the best v:tes player in the world. I hold you in the highest respect for playing and winning with these decks. Nevertheless I think your decks are just terrible. Keep up the good work Jay, you definitely are an enrichment to this community!

Rather than posting mixed messages about my decks, I encourage you to build and play them to get a real feel for how I am having success.

Jay Kristoff
V:EKN Prince of Columbus, Ohio USA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2011 09:26 - 27 Sep 2011 18:50 #11043 by Dr.Mafrune
Don´t mess with "Uncle" Jay !!! My toreador antitribu deck is based on his "stolen truth" winning deck and it works incredible.
Maybe his decks aren´t quite orthodox, but in every one you can find richdom of concepts and ideas, based on one of the longest vtes playing experience in the planet.

:TEM::AUS::DEM:
Last edit: 27 Sep 2011 18:50 by Dr.Mafrune.

More
27 Sep 2011 09:27 - 27 Sep 2011 09:28 #11044 by Exposer
Ok. There were 10 players, so we have a 5 player table.
Then. The deck begin to generate pool instead of any preassing its prey. Free Assamites' prey begin to press with all deck power her prey forcing him (her) to make defensive moves. And next methuselah gets all it's deck potential free without predator's pressure and again forcing Assamites' predator to stand or defend.
Or my, it's sounds confusing. Sorry, I have rather poor vocabulary.
The main sense is that the deck create a deliberate table disbalance to feel itself comfortable for set up.

DJ_Assface, did you get similar situations, or I am wrong?

NC Belarus
Last edit: 27 Sep 2011 09:28 by Exposer.

More
27 Sep 2011 09:33 #11045 by Mephistopheles

So all your actions are at 1 stealth. Which means that you rely on the "bruise" effct form your 10 combat cards (8mmake some damage) to get all your actions passed. Meanwhile you have no way to weaken your predator (rush cards, or whatever) and only 2 wake cards. Supposed you draw your Market Square early you can wake 2 times and block with 1 intercept. That is all the defense your deck has,

This deck doesn't need much defense. It falls into my category of "ignore your predator" deck. It is a 60 card deck. More than 25% of those 60 cards is Haqim's Law: Leadership. In all 3 rounds of play on Saturday, I believe that at most, that action blocked 3 times. It is as if everyone else was playing with 30 pool and I was playing with 62.

So I still don't see how this deck is any good. Over the last few years I noticed that you build very "strange" decks. The fact that you can win with these things means you are maybe the best v:tes player in the world. I hold you in the highest respect for playing and winning with these decks. Nevertheless I think your decks are just terrible. Keep up the good work Jay, you definitely are an enrichment to this community!

Rather than posting mixed messages about my decks, I encourage you to build and play them to get a real feel for how I am having success.

You know what? I'll take your advice. I'll build and play it. I'll report back on how it went.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
27 Sep 2011 12:44 #11051 by Mephistopheles
Is there any reason you excluded Amaravati? Seems like he would fit in here well.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
27 Sep 2011 17:53 #11059 by TorranceCircle

Is there any reason you excluded Amaravati? Seems like he would fit in here well.

i think he probably wants to look non-threatening. I've noticed that there are a group of vampires that, when they are influenced out, become an instant conversation. That is, the conversation of table threat and why the controller must be ousted. Lutz & Arika are two examples. Since the death star deck type, Ammaravati is one of these vampires. So, if you are influencing out as many assamites as you can and then people see Amaravati, those Hakim's Law: leadership that Jay said weren't being blocked would start to get blocked. And soon the combat would be exposed as limited. And then what would Bakir do with his innate rush? Also, he costs 8 pool, too many high mid-caps would not do.

Well, Jay, is this on the right track?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds