file Submission - Pentex Intrusion (Villein-hoser master)

07 Nov 2012 19:25 #40541 by Juggernaut1981
So to counter a Silver-Bullet... you want to make another Silver Bullet? This is going to turn into Vampire: the Master Phase.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2012 19:33 #40543 by DeathInABottle

Giant's Blood has always been a stupid card, but it was reasonable in the time where master slots were important for decks with fatties. Now it's just a lottery who gets to play with 10 extra pool. It's retarded, cannot be meta'd against and is *entirely* luck based. Once per game makes it even MORE retarded, not more balanced.

I agree with the rest of your post, but not this: "cannot be meta'd against"? Really? Wash and Sudden Reversal are pretty damn useful counters.

More
07 Nov 2012 19:37 #40544 by D-dennis

This is going to turn into Vampire: the Master Phase.

May I suggest to unban Madness of the bard, so that we can all play the master faster?

More
07 Nov 2012 19:40 #40545 by AaronC

I mean, I would have been perfectly happy with a non-MT hosing trifle Villein that would always take exactly 3 or 4, but that ship sailed long ago when WW in its infinite wisdom chose to ignore that particular suggestion.

The ship may have set sail long ago, but it could return to port.

In case you haven't noticed, VEKN continues to create errata to the text of existing cards, errata that we all seem to accept.

I suggest that no card needs a new nerf card. If a card warps the play environment so much that people start dreaming up nerf cards, the best solution is to change the offending card itself. As I've already mentioned, we have quite a few new errata that aren't even nerfs - Psyche timing, ballots. Those are administrative changes.

Villein could be changed to move an exact amount of blood to a pool, probably 4. "Good" Villein users will be able to get back a casual pool buffer after playing a large-cap vampire (a vampire, who, apparently, could not possibly be worth the cost otherwise). Your 10-caps would cost 6, your 11-caps 7 - that's fair, isn't it? "Bad" Villein users will not be able to bring out as many IC members plus MMPA vamps in one game.

No extra nerf card for Villein is required to fill up valuable card slots in our libraries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
07 Nov 2012 20:38 #40553 by Juggernaut1981

Villein could be changed to move an exact amount of blood to a pool, probably 4. "Good" Villein users will be able to get back a casual pool buffer after playing a large-cap vampire (a vampire, who, apparently, could not possibly be worth the cost otherwise). Your 10-caps would cost 6, your 11-caps 7 - that's fair, isn't it? "Bad" Villein users will not be able to bring out as many IC members plus MMPA vamps in one game.

No extra nerf card for Villein is required to fill up valuable card slots in our libraries.

My only request would be to force Villein to only be playable by a minion that has 'enough blood' as well as your change. (i.e. if 'New Villein' removes 4 blood it can only be played on a minion which has 4+ blood)

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
07 Nov 2012 22:43 #40557 by AaronC

My only request would be to force Villein to only be playable by a minion that has 'enough blood' as well as your change. (i.e. if 'New Villein' removes 4 blood it can only be played on a minion which has 4+ blood)

Why? If I want to drain my low-blood guy dry, as a Methuselah that's my perogative.

If you say "Lillith's Blessing", I would say that Lillith's Blessing is the card with the design problem.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds