file Lend the Blood Brothers a hand

27 Jun 2013 15:10 - 27 Jun 2013 15:31 #50570 by Eius P
I've spent a long time trying to make a workable blood brothers combat deck and whilst they received much needed help in the HttB expansion I can't help but think a few cards could be tweaked, not massively, that would make them playable.

(Also see my post on Repair the undead flesh + brother's blood: www.vekn.net/forum/6-rules-questions/50151-brothers-blood-and-repair-the-undead-flesh)

Here are my errata suggestions:

Current: Coagulated Entity
Type: Action
Requires: Sanguinus
Choose X other ready Blood Brothers you control who belong to the same circle as this acting vampire.
:san: (D) Enter combat with a ready minion controlled by another Methuselah. This acting vampire has +X strength and +X capacity. Before the combat begins, each chosen vampire must move 1 blood to the acting vampire or this action is canceled.
:SAN: As :san: above, and this vampire may prevent up to X damage this combat.

Proposed: Coagulated Entity
Type: Action
Requires: Sanguinus
Choose X other ready Blood Brothers you control who belong to the same circle as this acting vampire.
:san: (D) Enter combat with a ready minion controlled by another Methuselah. This acting vampire has +X strength and +X capacity even if blocked. Before the combat begins, each chosen vampire must move 1 blood to the acting vampire or this action the effects of this card are canceled.
:SAN: As :san: above, and this vampire may prevent up to X damage this combat even if blocked.

Current: Path of Lilith, The
Type: Master
Unique master.
Put this card in play. When a non-Camarilla vampire you control sends an opposing vampire to torpor in combat, you may tap this card to put a torture counter on the opposing vampire. During your untap phase, each Methuselah who controls any vampires with torture counters burns 1 pool. Any minion may burn this card as a (d) action. Burn all torture counters when this card leaves play.

Proposed: Path of Lilith, The
Unique master.
Put this card in play. When a non-Camarilla vampire you control sends an opposing vampire to torpor in combat, you may tap this card to put a torture counter on the opposing vampire. During your untap phase, each Methuselah who controls any vampires with torture counters burns 1 pool. Any minion may burn all torture counters this card as a (d) action. Burn all torture counters when this card leaves play.

Current: Angelo
Clan: Blood Brother (group 3)
Capacity: 7
Disciplines: :CEL: :FOR: :SAN: :pot: :vic:
Independent. Red List: All Blood Brothers may play cards that require Sanguinus as if Angelo were a member of any circle. Angelo can burn a location as a (d) action. He cannot have or use retainers. Sterile.

Proposed: Angelo
Clan: Blood Brother (group 3 ANY)
Capacity: 7
Disciplines: :CEL: :FOR: :SAN: :pot: :vic:
Independent. Red List: All Blood Brothers may play cards that require Sanguinus or a blood brother as if Angelo were a member of any circle. This also applies when Angelo is in your uncontrolled region. Angelo can burn a location as a (d) action. He cannot have or use retainers. Sterile.

Proposed new card: Mission objective
Requires: Blood Brothers
Unique master.
Put this card in play. Tap during your minion phase to choose a blood brother circle and a minion controlled by another methuselah. If at the end of this turn the chosen minion is not ready and you control a ready member of the chosen circle gain 2 pool, if the minion is still ready, lose 1 pool.

<EDIT> Possibly this card should remain tapped if the target is still ready at the end of each turn?<\EDIT>
Last edit: 27 Jun 2013 15:31 by Eius P.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2013 15:22 #50571 by ReverendRevolver
I like the premise.

Coagulated entity is ok as is, imo. Its not great or bad.

Path is too, imo. Ive been thinking about building a new bb deck for a bit. Abbots will go into it for sure, to block things like actions to burn the path.
Angelo should be improved, and you seem to have touched on most issues. He just shoild always have been better.

Your card is ok, but id almost like it better as a trifle that burned each discard phase.

Oppognent night and the httb cards helped bb alot, im not sure if anything other than making angelo better is needed for them at this time.
But i wouldnt complain if they got more love, i just think indy gargoyles and HoS need more help currently.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eius P

More
27 Jun 2013 15:35 #50573 by Eius P
Quick clarification... abbots give +1 intercept "against (D) actions directed at his or her controller."

An action against the path is against the card not the methuselah so presumably the +1 intercept doesn't apply?

More
27 Jun 2013 15:45 - 27 Jun 2013 15:45 #50575 by Ohlmann
The angelo "fix" are plain unneeded. Only one circle can't play him, and they are good enough without him. Don't go crazy with "any" group vampire, and having particularity is good, not bad.

The path of lillith idea have nothing in common with Blood Brother, and I believe it's not the good direction for combat deck. Same thing for Mission objective, especially since Walk of Caine exist.

The coaguled entity fix is a decent idea and can help.
Last edit: 27 Jun 2013 15:45 by Ohlmann.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eius P

More
27 Jun 2013 15:47 #50576 by ReverendRevolver

Quick clarification... abbots give +1 intercept "against (D) actions directed at his or her controller."

An action against the path is against the card not the methuselah so presumably the +1 intercept doesn't apply?

Good question. I always assumed "against d actions directed at you" was accompanied by the (or something you control). I never noticed its absence on abbot.
It seems odd when i think of non bleeding ds directed at me, so i wonder why its not "bleed actions". I suppose random stuff just sits on the player though...

More
27 Jun 2013 15:48 - 27 Jun 2013 15:49 #50577 by ReverendRevolver

The angelo "fix" are plain unneeded. Only one circle can't play him, and they are good enough without him. Don't go crazy with "any" group vampire, and having particularity is good, not bad.

The path of lillith idea have nothing in common with Blood Brother, and I believe it's not the good direction for combat deck. Same thing for Mission objective, especially since Walk of Caine exist.

The coaguled entity fix is a decent idea and can help.

3 circle, hes g3. Mexico city, and both g2(torrance and chicago?)
Last edit: 27 Jun 2013 15:49 by ReverendRevolver.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds