file Card idea: Animalism bleed bounce (sort of!)

16 Jul 2011 02:51 - 16 Jul 2011 03:06 #6362 by LunaSlave
I like the idea of bleed bounce that does something...erm...different than just bouncing the bleed directly at another player in an attempt to reduce their pool, so I came up with this idea for Animalism, inspired by Speak with Spirits, Drawing out the Beast, and Taunt the Caged Beast, among other things. I'm actually not sure how to template cards, but I think you'll get a good idea of what it does if I give it a shot. Let me know what you think! :)

Unleashing the Beast
:reaction:

:ani:: The acting minion gets +1 strength and -1 stealth until the end of the action. Only usable during a bleed action against you.
:ANI:: Only usable when a minion controlled by your predator is bleeding you. Tap this reacting minion, and choose a ready minion controlled by your prey (not usable when only one other Methuselah is in the game). The acting minion enters combat with the chosen minion. If only one is ready at the end of that combat, he or she gains 4 blood.

Does this sound any good? Too good? Terrible? Share your thoughts! I originally went with +1 intercept to the reacting minion instead of the -1 stealth to the acting minion, but I thought -1 stealth worked a little better for flavor reasons. I think something like this could be a very cool addition to the game, personally.
Last edit: 16 Jul 2011 03:06 by LunaSlave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2011 05:29 #6363 by Juggernaut1981
I am yet to see Taunt the Caged Beast result in anything much more spectacular than "h1 for both", or maybe a "run to long" or an Aid from Bats at :ani:

I like the idea, but I don't think it's likely to result in anything other than your pred and prey agreeing to just hands-for-1 and walk away.

I could see it being an :ani: My Enemy's Enemy... then they have a reason to potentially beat up the vampire.

Unleashing the Beast
Reaction
1 blood
Only usable when you are being bled by your predator.
:ani: Only usable by an older vampire. The acting vampire has +1 strength and -1 stealth until the end of the action.
:ANI: As above, and the acting minion is now bleeding your predator's predator.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
16 Jul 2011 05:56 #6364 by AaronC
Wow - this is a nice idea. I agree with the predator's predator thing.

More
16 Jul 2011 07:13 #6365 by Suoli
It's a very cool idea but Animalism is pretty strong right now because of Nana Buruku and Girls. I would tack an inferior obf-requirement on the first version.

More
16 Jul 2011 08:04 #6366 by Juggernaut1981
Honestly I don't think fear of a specific deck-type is a great reason...

Nana Buruku with Oruns won't be as effective as you'd think, purely because for the purposes of this card she'd be an 8cap. Sure, if you want to include the wide variety of 9+ caps who could play it the list would be long. Mostly because Animalism is a clan discipline for Gangrel, !Gangrel, Nosferatu, !Nosferatu, Guruhi, Ahrimanes, Akunanse, Tzimisce and Ravnos.

Animalism is a great all-round discipline, and of course this card would make it better. So on the idea that Animalism is already one of the most versatile disciplines in the game, sure I'd say that this card shouldn't be created.

I could see it possibly being a Presence card, I think it could be a valid Presence card and give a number of clans some sorely needed defence (Brujah/!Brujah, Ishtarri, Baali, DoC, Settites) because realistically a number of the other clans with Presence already have strong defence (Ventrue, Toreadors, !Toreadors, Guruhi, Ahrimanes).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
16 Jul 2011 17:17 #6378 by LunaSlave
OK. I agree with the My Enemy's Enemy thing, and that streamlines the card, but I still like the idea of it forcing them directly into a combat as well. The way you have it worded is pretty good, though. As for the discipline, what about making it a combination card? Animalism/Presence? I think the Guruhi and Ahrimanes would enjoy a card like that a lot. :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds