file Card idea: Animalism bleed bounce (sort of!)

18 Jul 2011 07:35 #6426 by LunaSlave
yeah, i like my original idea regarding that, but I was a little concerned, because someone pointed out that Taunt The Caged Beast often ends up in nothing more than a combat for 1 hand damage each. I guess giving the bleeding minion +1 strength would help to change that a little, at least.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2011 11:01 #6430 by DeathInABottle

yeah, i like my original idea regarding that, but I was a little concerned, because someone pointed out that Taunt The Caged Beast often ends up in nothing more than a combat for 1 hand damage each. I guess giving the bleeding minion +1 strength would help to change that a little, at least.

Well, Taunt the Caged Beast is an action that one of your vampires has to take, right? This is a reaction that negates a bleed as well as raising the possibility of combat. It's clearly worth playing.

More
18 Jul 2011 19:09 #6439 by Juggernaut1981
If your goal is to make people fight, there needs to be a reason. A predator will take opportunities to beat down their prey, if those chances arrive. In this format, you are giving the acting vampire's predator the chance to beat up a prey vampire for being able to block.

Taunt the Caged Beast (and the other similar cards) don't really provide enough incentive to beat up a cross-table.

And yes, in this form it helps a Laibon Clan who are becoming the "controlling frenzy" clan. But the other options ( :ani: :pre: ) hand this ability to some clans who maybe need some defence but other clans who have access to better flick.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
18 Jul 2011 20:51 #6442 by Haze

Small-Cap Presence wouldn't get any real advantage on this card, particularly with it's "only younger" text and the tap text.

oops, I actually didn't notice that part of the card. but with that clause, how is it any better than Lost in Translation? not that I'm saying it's bad, but it doesn't necessarily strengthen those clans. like Ascendance is to masters, LiT is the baseline for bounce cards with all its restrictions and costs. or to put it another way, how does it compete with the ever-popular DOM/AUS bounces?

Taunt the Caged Beast was an okay card. I've mostly seen it played entirely wrong though. There are specific opportunities to use it at superior (e.g. send 2 empty vampires both to torpor), but if it does no good you should use it at basic as a perfectly fine bum's rush. (though Deep Song is a much more versatile card now)

More
19 Jul 2011 12:13 #6459 by DeathInABottle

Small-Cap Presence wouldn't get any real advantage on this card, particularly with it's "only younger" text and the tap text.

oops, I actually didn't notice that part of the card. but with that clause, how is it any better than Lost in Translation? not that I'm saying it's bad, but it doesn't necessarily strengthen those clans. like Ascendance is to masters, LiT is the baseline for bounce cards with all its restrictions and costs. or to put it another way, how does it compete with the ever-popular DOM/AUS bounces?

DOM and AUS shouldn't have real competitors in the bounce field: if you have access to Deflection, you obviously use Deflection. I have no problem with that: dominate DOMINATES vampires into doing what you want. As to the "better than LiT" question, well, it doesn't cost two blood, to begin with, and it has the arguable benefit, given the original wording, of sending a vampire into combat with another vampire. If your deck works along combat lines, that could be very advantageous. This would be a bounce card that would want to be played in a rush/block deck - and I like the sounds of that.

More
20 Jul 2011 00:42 #6506 by Juggernaut1981
Well I'm skeptical about Auspex having one in the first place and Deflection has been very powerful for a long time.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds