file Card idea: Animalism bleed bounce (sort of!)

17 Jul 2011 03:32 #6389 by Juggernaut1981
Yeah, it probably should have an extra bit like My Enemy's Enemy. This should either be an Animalism or Abombwe card. Since both disciplines are available to Akunanse(?) making it an Animalism card would open it up to a LARGE number of clans, but most of the clans you would 'not' want to give a flick card to already have a better flick card.

Unleashing the Beast
Reaction
Only usable by an older vampire during a bleed action.
:reflex::abo: Cancel a frenzy card played on this vampire. Not usable during combat.
:abo: The acting vampire gains +1 strength and -1 stealth.
:ABO: As :abo: above, but you may tap this vampire to cause the acting vampire to bleed your predator's predator.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2011 18:11 #6408 by Haze
thematically it works better as Animalism than Abombwe, since the latter is more closely related to Protean. could also fit thematically with Presence.

but mechanically, I would never give Presence a bounce card, since mono-PRE is already ridiculously strong. and mono-ANI is also good enough by itself. man this is tough...

More
17 Jul 2011 19:50 #6412 by LunaSlave
I really like it as Abombwe. Strengthens a weaker clan, lets Animalism reactions focus more on untap and intercept, and the anti-Frenzy reflex part just seems so perfect as part of this card, considering it's all about control over the Beast. Abombwe is like the middle ground between Animalism and Protean - it's like Protean shapeshifting but with Animalism's manipulation of the Beast.

Besides, Animalism is already very strong, especially after Deep Song getting printed, and it already has a lot of things it can do in reaction to bleeds.

More
17 Jul 2011 20:36 #6413 by Brum
Maybe there's one or more good reasons why Gangrel never got a bounce.
I'd like to know them before giving the African Gangrel that.

Anybody?

More
18 Jul 2011 03:32 #6421 by Juggernaut1981
Small-Cap Presence wouldn't get any real advantage on this card, particularly with it's "only younger" text and the tap text. Plus those clans with PRE we already worry about have access to AUS and DOM and this card doesn't wallpaper either Telepathic Misdirection or Deflection. So I'd see it having a minimal impact on those.

I do see a problem with it being Animalism, purely because of the prevalence of Animalism. It wouldn't be an issue with Weenie-Animalism (again because of the Cap requirement) but with :ahri: :akun: :gang: !gang! :guru: :nosf: !nosf! :ravn: :tzim: all having it as a Clan Discipline it would make a MAJOR impact in the worldwide metagame. But that then come down to your taste for putting in cards that could warp the metagame worldwide.

Honestly, I dislike flick and I would like to see Deflection dropped in power... but it's apparently here to stay.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
18 Jul 2011 07:17 #6423 by DeathInABottle

Yeah, it probably should have an extra bit like My Enemy's Enemy. This should either be an Animalism or Abombwe card. Since both disciplines are available to Akunanse(?) making it an Animalism card would open it up to a LARGE number of clans, but most of the clans you would 'not' want to give a flick card to already have a better flick card.

Unleashing the Beast
Reaction
Only usable by an older vampire during a bleed action.
:reflex::abo: Cancel a frenzy card played on this vampire. Not usable during combat.
:abo: The acting vampire gains +1 strength and -1 stealth.
:ABO: As :abo: above, but you may tap this vampire to cause the acting vampire to bleed your predator's predator.

I like it, but it would be even better if, as LunaSlave suggested, it caused the vampire to enter into combat with one of the grandpredator's minions: the beast compels you to fight! It's actually a dangerous card for the bouncing player to play, since it could end up inadvertently strengthening his predator (by indirectly weakening his grandpredator). It's complicated. There are politics involved. It strengthens the Laibon. I'd love to see it in a future set.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds