file Card idea: Animalism bleed bounce (sort of!)

20 Jul 2011 08:22 #6518 by Mephistopheles

I like the idea of bleed bounce that does something...erm...different than just bouncing the bleed directly at another player in an attempt to reduce their pool, so I came up with this idea for Animalism, inspired by Speak with Spirits, Drawing out the Beast, and Taunt the Caged Beast, among other things. I'm actually not sure how to template cards, but I think you'll get a good idea of what it does if I give it a shot. Let me know what you think! :)

Unleashing the Beast
:reaction:

:ani:: The acting minion gets +1 strength and -1 stealth until the end of the action. Only usable during a bleed action against you.
:ANI:: Only usable when a minion controlled by your predator is bleeding you. Tap this reacting minion, and choose a ready minion controlled by your prey (not usable when only one other Methuselah is in the game). The acting minion enters combat with the chosen minion. If only one is ready at the end of that combat, he or she gains 4 blood.

Does this sound any good? Too good? Terrible? Share your thoughts! I originally went with +1 intercept to the reacting minion instead of the -1 stealth to the acting minion, but I thought -1 stealth worked a little better for flavor reasons. I think something like this could be a very cool addition to the game, personally.

I know my reaction to this comes quite late and I admit that I haven't read all of the thread. My feedback is that I like this card very much, but would either add "only usable when a younger vampire is acting" or "requires a vampire with capacity above x" kind of thing. It would be too strong otherwise imo.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2011 07:12 #6744 by Haze

DOM and AUS shouldn't have real competitors in the bounce field: if you have access to Deflection, you obviously use Deflection. I have no problem with that: dominate DOMINATES vampires into doing what you want. As to the "better than LiT" question, well, it doesn't cost two blood, to begin with, and it has the arguable benefit, given the original wording, of sending a vampire into combat with another vampire. If your deck works along combat lines, that could be very advantageous. This would be a bounce card that would want to be played in a rush/block deck - and I like the sounds of that.

yes, and animalism ANIMALISES your opponents. brilliant.
I have no idea what you're even talking about.

More
26 Jul 2011 11:12 #6817 by DeathInABottle

DOM and AUS shouldn't have real competitors in the bounce field: if you have access to Deflection, you obviously use Deflection. I have no problem with that: dominate DOMINATES vampires into doing what you want. As to the "better than LiT" question, well, it doesn't cost two blood, to begin with, and it has the arguable benefit, given the original wording, of sending a vampire into combat with another vampire. If your deck works along combat lines, that could be very advantageous. This would be a bounce card that would want to be played in a rush/block deck - and I like the sounds of that.

yes, and animalism ANIMALISES your opponents. brilliant.
I have no idea what you're even talking about.

Dominate allows vampires to control the actions of others, e.g. bleeding the wrong Methuselah. It's a relatively nuanced control. Animalism and Abombwe work differently: since they trigger the beast, they don't allow for such fine grained control. Instead, they make the vampire do something irrational. For me, that doesn't translate into a bounced bleed, but rather into, as was suggested, combat with another minion.

Does that clarify what I was talking about, or would you like to say something else rude?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds