file Rarity of new cards maded by vekn in format pdf

27 Jul 2011 08:37 #6878 by Germi
vekn want to create a new extension in pdf format. but I ask what happens to the rarity of the cards? because if the cards are available worldwide, the rarity of them is no longer necessary and if you create cards must all be balanced, as all have access to them.

This text has been created with the automatic translator of google. apologies for errors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2011 08:41 #6879 by Klaital
Rarity has never been indicator of power level in V:tES, most of the staple cards are commons (like govern, and deflection for example). Rares are mostly cards that you either don't need many of, or that are only useful for some highly specialized decks.

More
27 Jul 2011 09:00 - 27 Jul 2011 09:01 #6880 by Germi
You are right in part, but many of the cards you mention, although common, are difficult to find, because even if they were common, short appeared in the editions where they are. how many deep songs and eye of argus appeared on boxes of Kot? I only have 3 eye of argus in a booster box of KoT, being common.
in Spain, deep song arrives to 2 € and eye of argus 5 € and it is also impossible to get in boosters, not to mention the villeins or enkil cog.
Last edit: 27 Jul 2011 09:01 by Germi. Reason: faltas de ortografia

More
27 Jul 2011 09:31 #6883 by Klaital
Eyes of Argus, Deep Song, and Villein were all reprinted in the HttB starters, but yeah they were a bit hard to get in sufficient quantities from KoT, simply because the set was absolutely huge. Enkil Cog is a rare and thus fairly hard to get, though since its unique you generally don't need too many copies, and its really needed in a fairly small amount of decks, and most of those work even without it so while its nice card to have, its hardly mandatory. I don't have one myself for example, and there has been only one deck idea I had that I simply couldn't do without it, and that likely wouldn't have been that good deck anyway.

More
27 Jul 2011 14:29 #6917 by Germi
what I mean is that since there will be no rarity of cards, if the end comes the new expansion in pdf format, must all be balanced to avoid a repeat of usual decompensated cards, just the kind of discipline, clan or sect.

This text has been created with the automatic translator of google. apologies for errors.

More
27 Jul 2011 14:55 #6918 by Adonai

wif the end comes the new expansion in pdf format, must all be balanced

Rarity is never a balancing factor.

Balance is not achieved by scarcity nor by abundance.

A broken card is broken if it is played once per game.

See also the debunked idea of card limits:
www.thelasombra.com/vtes_focs.htm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Robert Goudie

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds