file Rarity of new cards maded by vekn in format pdf

27 Jul 2011 21:24 #6941 by Ravnos Phantom
I really think that having rare cards as not being the strongest cards around has been the success of V:TES over the years.

Don't worry, all cards in the past have not been balanced on rarity and I think that future expansion won't make any difference.

Maybe there will be a new card text like "this card can only be included twice in a deck" to simulate rarity, but I don't think that that would be a good idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2011 21:37 #6945 by Robert Goudie
To put it in other terms, all V:TES cards have been designed and balanced as if they could be freely downloaded in PDF format. Cards us normal people think of as being "rare" are freely available in large quantities if you

More
28 Jul 2011 13:26 #7002 by brandonsantacruz

I really think that having rare cards as not being the strongest cards around has been the success of V:TES over the years.

Not needing to hunt for rares to build any given deck and spend a MtG wad of money on them has kept me in the game.

Maybe there will be a new card text like "this card can only be included twice in a deck" to simulate rarity, but I don't think that that would be a good idea.

That would be card limits, a VERY bad idea.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
28 Jul 2011 15:04 #7008 by Kushiel

To put it in other terms, all V:TES cards have been designed and balanced as if they could be freely downloaded in PDF format. Cards us normal people think of as being "rare" are freely available in large quantities if you

Kinda trailed off there at the end, Robert. :)

To make this clear, when playtesting, we were never told what the rarity of any given card was. We playtested the cards under the assumption that every player of the game could obtain an infinite number of copies of every card in every set. Rarity was never even considered as a balancing factor.

More
28 Jul 2011 16:19 #7012 by Klaital

Kinda trailed off there at the end, Robert. :)

To make this clear, when playtesting, we were never told what the rarity of any given card was. We playtested the cards under the assumption that every player of the game could obtain an infinite number of copies of every card in every set. Rarity was never even considered as a balancing factor.

Which is awesome too as it prevented the 'Mr Suitcase' phenomenon that was dominating that other game.

More
28 Jul 2011 17:12 #7018 by Kushiel

Which is awesome too as it prevented the 'Mr Suitcase' phenomenon that was dominating that other game.

We do have Mr. Suitcases in VTES, but they can lose to "only common/uncommon card Malk '94" decks as easily as everyone else can. ;)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds