file !Brujah cards

03 Aug 2011 19:37 #7309 by agzocgud
!Brujah cards was created by agzocgud
The !Brujah is in desperate need of some good carde. Here are some ideas.

Brujah Antitribu
Name: L-M
Cap: 7
Disciplines: :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :ani:
Clan: Brujah Antitribu
Title: Bishop
Group: 5
Text: Sabbat Bishop: Once each action, during one of these referenda: Dogs of War, Scourge, Templar or the Right Tool for the Right Job L-M can discard a card that requires Sabbat or Brujah Antitribu to gain three additional votes.

Name: Alexander
Cap: 4
Disciplines: :CEL: :aus: :pot: :pre:
Title:
Text: Sabbat: While in torpor or when he has zero blood, Alexander doesn´t untap as normal during the untap phase.

Name: Edson
Cap: 10
Disciplines: :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :pro: :ser:
Title: Cardinal
Text: Sabbat Cardinal: Edson can take a +1 stealth D-action to make a younger non-titled vampire Red List. +1 bleed

Name: Henrik the Miracle
Cap: 7
Disciplines: :POT: :PRE: :cel: :dom:
Title: Archbishop
Text: Sabbat Archbishop of Stockholm: +1 intercept

Name: Svetlana
Cap: 5
Disciplines: :CEL: :PRE: :pot:
Clan: Brujah antitribu
Title:
Text: Sabbat: While Svetlana has a card that requires Sabbat on her, she may burn a blood during your discard phase to untap.

Name: Flaming Aggression
Type: combat
Requires: :cel: :pot:
Cost: 1 blood
Text: :cel: :pot: : hand strike at +2 strength
:CEL: :POT: : hand strike at +2 strength, aggravated

Name: Push in the Wrong Direction
Type: action modifier/combat
Requires: :pot:
Cost:
Text: :pot: only usable during a referendum: gain 1 vote
:POT: make a hand strike at +2 strength

Name: the Right Tool for the Right Job
Type: Political Action
Requires: !bruj!
Cost:
Text: Choose another Brujah Antitribu. If this referendum is successful, search your library for a melee weapon card and place it on the chosen Brujah Antitribu. Pay half the cost (round down) of the melee weapon.
(needs something more)

Name: No Tricks!
Type: reaction
Requires: archbishop, cardinal, priscus or regent
Cost:
Text: cancel an action modifier that requires obfuscate, chimerstry or dementation played by an ally or younger vampire as it is played. Alternately, you may play this card during against a bleed against you to untap this vampire.

Name: Less is more
Type: master
Requires: !bruj!
Cost: 3 pool
Text: Unique master: Each Brujah Antitribu with capacity 7 or less gets +1 strength and an additional vote in each referendum that doesn´t require a titled vampire or grants a title.

Overkill is highly underrated. You know, like in computor games and such.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2011 21:43 #7313 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: !Brujah cards

L-M
!bruj!
:cap7: :CEL::POT::PRE::ani:
Sabbat Bishop. During a referendum called by a Sabbat vampire, L-M
may discard a card requiring a Sabbat vampire or !bruj! Brujah-antitribu to gain +3 votes.

I think you needed to make the ability more general. Limiting it to a handful of votes would render him useless.

Alexander
!bruj!
:cap4: :CEL::aus::pot::pre:
Sabbat: While in torpor or when he has zero blood, Alexander doesn´t untap as normal during the untap phase.

Maybe allow him to untap in the Master phase for 1 blood from another !bruj!?

Edson
!bruj!
:cap10: :CEL::POT::PRE::dom::pro:
Sabbat Cardinal. Edson can take a +1 stealth (D) action to make a younger non-titled vampire Red List. +1 bleed.

Interesting idea... don't know if I'd use him.

Henrik the Miracle
!bruj!
:cap7: :POT::PRE::cel::dom:
Sabbat Archbishop of Stockholm. +1 intercept

Nice, it's good to see SOME form of intercept in a Brujah deck that didn't come from a location or a bike.

Svetlana
!bruj!
:cap5: :CEL::PRE::pot:
Sabbat. While Svetlana has a card that requires Sabbat on her, she may burn a blood during your discard phase to untap.

I don't like that text much at all. I'd prefer to change it to:

Sabbat. If Svetlana has attempted an action requiring a Sabbat vampire, she may burn a blood to untap in your discard phase.

Flaming Aggression
:combat:
1 blood
:cel::pot: Strike: Strength +2 damage
:cel::pot: Strike: Strength +2 damage aggravated.

I like this. This is shiney. Bye bye Burning Wrath, I have a new aggravated best friend for Brujah. (Possibly undercosted. Potentially should be 2 blood.)

Push in the Wrong Direction
:modifier::combat:
1 :blood:
:pot: Only usable during a referendum: gain 1 vote
:POT: Strike: hand strike strength +2 damage.

I'd prefer to see it read:

:modifier::combat::reaction:
:pot: Strike: strength +2 damage.
:POT: Only usable usable during a referendum. Gain 2 votes.

Then it would be a GREAT inclusion in any Brujah or !Brujah deck. Probably also very useful in Osebo, Guruhi and Lasombra vote decks as well.

The Right Tool for the Right Job
:political:
Requires !bruj! Brujah-antitribu.
Choose another Brujah Antitribu. If this referendum is successful, search your library for a melee weapon and place it on the chosen Brujah Antitribu. Pay half the cost (round down) of the melee weapon.
(needs something more)

You're right, I think it does.

X :blood:
Choose X ready Brujah-antitribu !bruj!. If this referendum is successful, you may move a vehicle or weapon on the chosen vampires from your library. Pay half the cost (rounded down) of each equipment card. You may not play Voter Captivation during this action.

No Tricks!
:reaction:
Cancel an action modifier that requires obfuscate :obf:, chimerstry :chi: or dementation :dem: played by an ally or younger vampire as it is played. Alternately, you may play this card during against a bleed against you to untap this vampire.

This card is too generally available to clans that don't need this sort of defence (!Tre, !Tor, etc). So it should have a discipline or two associated with it and maybe a cost.

No Tricks!
Requires an Archbishop, Cardinal, Priscus or Regent.
:pot::pre: Cancel an action modifier that requires obfuscate :obf:, chimerstry :chi: or dementation :dem: as it is played by a younger vampire or ally. Alternatively, you may play this card when you are being bled to untap this vampire.
:POT::PRE: As above and this vampire pays 1 less blood for this card.

Less is more
Master
3 :pool:
Unique master. Each Brujah Antitribu with capacity 7 or less gets +1 strength and an additional vote in each referendum that doesn´t require a titled vampire or grants a title.

This card has some steroids about it. On one hand, I LOVE the whole younger vampires gain +1 vote, but I am seriously concerned about the bonus of +1 strength as well. It ends up feeling unbalanced.

Brujah Leadership
Master
1 :pool:
Unique Master. Play this card on a Brujah-antitribu !bruj! capacity 7 or more. While this vampire is ready, younger Brujah-antitribu !bruj! you control gain +1 strength and a press when in combat with a minion that is not Brujah :bruj: or Brujah-antitribu !bruj!

or maybe...

Less is More
Master
2 :pool:
Unique Master. While this card is in play, Brujah-antitribu !bruj! you control gain +1 vote in referendums called by a Sabbat vampire. Any Sabbat vampire may take a (D) action to burn this card.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
05 Aug 2011 10:43 #7393 by agzocgud
Replied by agzocgud on topic Re: !Brujah cards
Thanks for the input. I like the vote/bruise design that LSJ started for the !Brujah but they still need a lot of help.

Regarding the design of the card, I like your thinking. Keep it simple!

Overkill is highly underrated. You know, like in computor games and such.

More
05 Aug 2011 15:34 #7409 by Cyrus
Replied by Cyrus on topic Re: !Brujah cards
Jugg's Pushing in the wrong direction is a bit undercosted imho, compare to Undead Strength.

Maybe make it cost a blood, or be pot pre, POT, PRE? The latter would be like a combat version of Iron Glare.

More
05 Aug 2011 18:20 - 05 Aug 2011 18:21 #7412 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: !Brujah cards
Very nice! :)

I rather like the card ideas. Also, I very much agree with the output Juggie offered. The only thing I'm concearned with is "Pushing in the wrong direction". I really don't feel we need more "I have my votes in :POT: " kind of shenanigans, and Juggie's idea of the card working as vote push both as a reaction and as an action modifier seems too much for my liking. It should definitely be either an action modifier, or a reaction on superior. At inferior STR+2 seems alright for one blood, as in Pushing the Limit. To be honest, the card should cost a blood anyways. Granting :POT: votes should in all honesty be rather restricted.

I'm loving the vampires though! On my part I feel it's fine if Svetlana gains some extra stuff from having Sabbat cards on her, instead of gaining some costy untaps after attempting Sabbat actions. How many Sabbat actions do you see being played anyways? Abbot, yeah, but other than that? You already untap after that.

Also, Flaming Aggression should DEFINITELY have another blood as a cost on superior. As in:
" :POT: As above, but the vampire may burn one blood :blood: to make the damage aggravated."

Wonderful ideas! :) Good to hear someone's going through the trouble. Especially now that the new .pdf (or whatever it's going to be) expansion is actually being discussed.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 05 Aug 2011 18:21 by Kraus.

More
05 Aug 2011 18:57 - 05 Aug 2011 19:18 #7414 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: !Brujah cards

L-M
!bruj!
:cap7: :CEL::POT::PRE::ani:
Sabbat Bishop. During a referendum called by a Sabbat vampire, L-M
may discard a card requiring a Sabbat vampire or !bruj! Brujah-antitribu to gain +3 votes.

Ability is too cornercase, it's not good enough to warrant playing 7 cap with no bounce and just bishop title.

Alexander
!bruj!
:cap4: :CEL::aus::pot::pre:
Sabbat: While in torpor or when he has zero blood, Alexander doesn´t untap as normal during the untap phase.

Not bad, but some untap clause would be nice.

Edson
!bruj!
:cap10: :CEL::POT::PRE::dom::pro:
Sabbat Cardinal. Edson can take a +1 stealth (D) action to make a younger non-titled vampire Red List. +1 bleed.

Weak, too big.

Henrik the Miracle
!bruj!
:cap7: :POT::PRE::cel::dom:
Sabbat Archbishop of Stockholm. +1 intercept

Another minion with dominate, giving them out out of clan dominate is not right solution. Other than that, solid vampire.

Svetlana
!bruj!
:cap5: :CEL::PRE::pot:
Sabbat. While Svetlana has a card that requires Sabbat on her, she may burn a blood during your discard phase to untap.

Good vampire, allowing her to defend with abbot is nice, good design.

Flaming Aggression
:combat:
1 blood
:cel::pot: Strike: Strength +2 damage
:cel::pot: Strike: Strength +2 damage aggravated.

This is how burning wrath should look at the first place. 2 blood would make this useless on inferior. Maybe str+1 agg at superior instead would be better?

Push in the Wrong Direction
:modifier::combat:
:pot: Only usable during a referendum: gain 1 vote
:POT: Strike: hand strike strength +2 damage.

This card sucks. Inferior is useless and worthless (play iron glare for 2 votes instead, or BO), Superior is worse than pushing the limits inferior. Making it free would solve the issue (even then i don't like this card at all).

Choose another Brujah Antitribu. If this referendum is successful, search your library for a melee weapon and place it on the chosen Brujah Antitribu. Pay half the cost (round down) of the melee weapon.
(needs something more)

Just fetching for melee weapon as a political action sound like wasted action.

No Tricks!
Cancel an action modifier that requires obfuscate :obf:, chimerstry :chi: or dementation :dem: played by an ally or younger vampire as it is played. Alternately, you may play this card during against a bleed against you to untap this vampire.

Not bad design but thematically sounds wrong

Less is more
Master
3 :pool:
Unique master. Each Brujah Antitribu with capacity 7 or less gets +1 strength and an additional vote in each referendum that doesn´t require a titled vampire or grants a title.

Don't think they need brujah debate.

Oscar Garcia
!bruj!
:cap6: :CEL::POT::pre:
Sabbat Bishop. Once each action, you may discard a card requiring celerity to give him +1 intercept.

Wacek
!bruj!
:cap7: :CEL::POT::PRE:
Sabbat Archbishop of Warsaw: Wacek may burn a location that require camarilla clan to play as a (d) action that cost 1 blood.

Rita
!bruj!
:cap9: :ANI::CEL::POT::PRE::for:
Sabbat Cardinal: When Rita is ready, camarilla titled vampires have -1 stealth on (d) actions targeting you. If any other methuselah control gehenna card, Rita gets +1 stealth.

Pack Leader
:action:
+1 stealth action. Requires a Sabbat vampire with capacity above 4.
Put this card on this acting Sabbat vampire and untap him or her. This Sabbat vampire may tap this card and burn a blood when action is announced to give a vampire without Pack Leader +1 bleed and -1 stealth or +1 intercept. A vampire may have only one Pack Leader.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 05 Aug 2011 19:18 by Lech.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds