file !Brujah cards

08 Aug 2011 05:23 - 08 Aug 2011 05:43 #7569 by Jussi
Replied by Jussi on topic Re: !Brujah cards
Ok, I posted similar idea on PoB forum. I don't remember the actual wording that was honed with other smite-guys, but here you go.

Pale Rider
Type: Action
Cost: 1 pool
Requires: Brujah Antitribu !bruj!
+1 stealth action. Unique.

Put this card on this vampire, or search your library for a weapon and equip this acting vampire with it (requirements and cost apply as normal). Shuffle afterward. If this vampire has Sword of Judgement, he or she can enter combat with any minion as a (D) action. Burn this card (Pale Rider) if this vampire goes to torpor.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about
Last edit: 08 Aug 2011 05:43 by Jussi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2011 05:33 #7571 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: !Brujah cards
Pale Rider
:action:
!bruj!
1 :pool:
Unique.
+1 stealth.
Put this card on the acting vampire. This vampire equips with a weapon from your hand or library (shuffle your library after searching the library), meet costs and pay requirements as usual. If this vampire has the Sword of Judgement, they may enter combat with any minion as a (D) action.

Seems too harsh to remove the weapon for going to torpor... or is it purely the rush that burns?

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
08 Aug 2011 05:39 #7572 by Jussi
Chopper
Type: Equipment
Cost: 1 pool
Requires: Brujah Antitribu !bruj!
+1 stealth action.
Vehicle.
When Chpper enters play, remove a Hawg from your hand, ash heap, library or from this minion from play. If this minion had Hawg, untap this minion after this action. The minion with this vehicle gets an optional press each combat and +1 bleed. A minion may have only 1 vehicle.

----

More
08 Aug 2011 05:40 - 08 Aug 2011 05:43 #7573 by Jussi
Only Pale Rider card burns. Fixed text.

----

Last edit: 08 Aug 2011 05:43 by Jussi.

More
08 Aug 2011 14:53 #7614 by Demnogonis Saastuttaja
Cool ideas, Jussi. I'd say the first one should let the vampire just equip any melee weapon from the deck and get a rush for that (it costs pool, after all). The second could be better in my opinion, it shouldn't require a Hawg, just be a !Brujah AT specific vehicle and it's fine.

:ANI: :AUS: :VIC:

More
08 Aug 2011 18:30 #7633 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: !Brujah cards

Cardinal Benediction is much better than Brujah Justicar. For the simple reason that it is not unique, and that you are likely playing the actual justicar anyway which makes the justicar vote useless. There are plenty of good vote decks that get their titles through votes, and Cardinal Benediction is the best one of those.

In twda, there are 39 decks with cardinal benediction and much more with justicar-vote cards. Both cards are very good, in my opinion justicar votes are better, but i can see reason behind your point of view.

Yes I was counting Tara in, Tara and Jann Berger are the only two brujah princes who can play superior iron glare.

Yep, my mistake, i was counting their justicar as a prince as she can play all prince related cards.

How often do you actually see Tomaine played? I think I have only ever seen him in play once. That is the main weakness of the camarilla vote decks, they rely very heavily on their titles, whereas sabbat versions can do pretty much all of their stuff even without having title so you can play the better vampires and just give them the titles with Cardinal Benediction if they don't have it already. You can't pass brujah justicar with just the edge through an ic and couple princes, you can pass cardinal benediction like that though.

I played tomaine few times, he is good vampire when you have new carthage in play. 2 votes and 2 bleed. He plays well in bruise vote with bleed angle. Camarilla politic can play all those non-sect related cards just as good as sabbat can, they just have better vote cards and people often rely on them too much, but even they have that cool card called anarchist uprising, ancient influece and ancilla e. In non-sabbat meta it might be easier. In meta with sabbat titled vampires, or in weenie/embrace decks, passing justicar vote is actually easier.

If you remove the titles from the sabbat vampires then all they do is loose a few table votes, if you remove the titles from the camarilla ones, suddenly they can't even play half the cards in their deck anymore. Which is why cards like Framing an Ancient Grudge really should see play more.

Should, but they dont. It's certainly angle that can be explored in future card development.

You are just really looking at the problem from wrong direction, instead of just crying about how you want sabbat to have 2nd tradition and parity shift also you could just work with the tools that there are, it is far from impossible to win with a sabbat deck even if there is a camarilla deck on the table.

I don't want sabbat to have 2nd tradition and parity shift, but i'm not ok with current situation where sabbat related cards are widely ignored. There are about hundred of sabbat related cards, and only a few of them are played from time to time, and even then in low quantities. I'll post a thread about it, long story short i don't like how 90% of them are wallpaper, and how playing sabbat don't differ much from playing deck with just vampires with titles and correct discipline combination (or just clan cards, regardless of sect).

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds