file Submission - Cathedral of Flesh (master Tzimisce)

17 Mar 2017 23:08 #81171 by jamesatzephyr

In that case, a slight ajustment is easy to make:

Name: Cathedral of Flesh
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Clan: Tzimisce
Remove a ready Tzimisce you control from the game to add X blood to an older Tzimisce in your uncontrolled region, where X is the capacity of the removed Tzimisce. Each Methuselah can play only one Cathedral of Flesh in a game.

Or stop it from being played while the older Tzimisce is still in play.

Significant restrictions on how frequently you can play it - once per game, one per Methuselah per game, a Gather-like Unique mechanic, or whatever - are likely to undermine the effect you originally wanted: being able to bring out a small vampire for early defensive purposes etc., knowing you're not totally shooting yourself in the foot when you want to bring out Sha-Ennu. With such severe restrictions, it's harder to load your deck with more than one or two of them, so the chances of you ever having one early in a game are much lower.

I was thinking, perhaps, something inspired by a souped-up version of Grooming the Protege. Or perhaps something that's a little weaker in terms of the acceleration, but with an alternative use later to bolster the fatty. Say something like...
Cathedral of Flesh
Requires: Tzimisce
Master: trifle.
If you do not control any Tzimisce with a capacity above 6, gain +3 transfers during your influence phase this turn. Otherwise, move 2 blood from the blood bank to your oldest ready Tzimisce. You cannot play another Cathedral of Flesh this turn.

It's doesn't feel quite right, but it's in the sort of area I'm thinking of - the later blood gain is intended to make it playable and to offset the fact that you only get additional transfers early on, not free blood. I think something like this might be more playable, and - by being a trifle - isn't jostling quite so hard to oust Pentex Subversion, Giant's Blood, Dreams of the Sphinx or Direct Intervention from your deck.

(I wonder if it's sufficient to power some sort of weenie deck, with 7 transfers a turn - possibly 9 with Info Highway - to draw and flip-out weenies. Hmm.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2017 07:17 #81173 by GreyB

Name: Cathedral of Flesh
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Clan: Tzimisce
Remove a ready Tzimisce you control from the game to add X blood to an older Tzimisce in your uncontrolled region, where X is the capacity of the removed Tzimisce.

It is (ab)usable for pool gain and I can see several scenarios where you can create a very gruesome overpowered wall deck. Here's an attempt to remove the pool gain component.

Burn a Tzimisce you control of at least 5 capacity and put this card on a Tzimisce in your uncontrolled region. Burn this card in your next influence phase and move that Tzimisce to your controlled region with 0 blood.

It keeps the blood/pool counters, as in it does not add more counters to the table with villein shenanigans, whilst still doing what you initially intended (perhaps slightly better). You can still trade in a expended (or torporized) Tzimisce for an older better Tzimisce. There's even an opportunity to weave in Soul gem of Etrius.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

More
19 Mar 2017 21:33 #81186 by ur_vampire
I think GreyB´s idea is fine, but I prefere "with 1 blood", because I think, the Cathedral is more playable as with zero blood

More
20 Mar 2017 08:01 #81188 by Hakuron

I think GreyB´s idea is fine, but I prefere "with 1 blood", because I think, the Cathedral is more playable as with zero blood

How about "with X-4 blood, where X is the capacity of the removed vampire"?

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
28 Mar 2017 08:03 #81228 by snegiem
Argh i wonder how i could have forgotten such thing as mythic as the cathedral of flesh !

Cathedral of flesh
Master. Unique location.
requires tzimisce.
cost 1 pool
You have 1 extra transfer.
During your influence, you can spend 1 transfer to do one of the following:
- move a blood from a ready vampire you control with vicissitude to a vampire in your uncontrolled zone
- burn a minion you control to add x blood where x is the life or blood on the minion

More
29 Mar 2017 13:57 #81232 by ur_vampire
Sounds good for me

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds