file Submission - Cathedral of Flesh (master Tzimisce)

16 Mar 2017 00:30 - 16 Mar 2017 00:31 #81158 by jamesatzephyr

Name: Cathedral of Flesh
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Clan: Tzimisce
Remove a ready Tzimisce you control from the game to add X blood to an older Tzimisce in your uncontrolled region, where X is the capacity of the removed Tzimisce.

I think in terms of fitting an interesting niche for accelerating Tzimisce, and the power level, it's potentially quite interesting.

What I'm not wild about is the implementation from the point of view of it feeling like yet another reason to play Villein in combos with other master cards. I mean, obviously, it's different from Villein+Giant's Blood in that you don't get a full vampire to use right away, but you could be pulling 4 or 5 pool back from a full vampire, then getting 4 or 5 pool free onto your big Tzimisce, and not necessarily being restricted to doing it once per game. Perhaps it's something you might plan to do mid-game too, when you're not using so many transfers - flip out a vampire you don't care about so much, to Villein all his blood back and Flesh him too. And of course you can be playing Villein+Giant's Blood in the deck too.

I think it might be nice if, somehow, it was possible to retain roughly the same utility and power level, without quite so much potential synergy with cards that are already really very, very good indeed. Given the way it works, it just seems like it would be bad play _not_ to plan to (try to) empty your Lolita or Devin before shmushing their corpse into a fattie.
Last edit: 16 Mar 2017 00:31 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2017 07:05 #81159 by alek
Lol.
Influence 10 cap, play villein for 10, put 10 counters on 11 cap. Influence 11 cap. I've just got 10 pool.
Do it as many times as you want as long as you have vampires in uncontrolled region.
At least villein + giant's blood is once per game for everyone.
This one is crazy overpowered!

More
16 Mar 2017 13:37 - 16 Mar 2017 13:38 #81160 by Ankha

Lol.
Influence 10 cap, play villein for 10, put 10 counters on 11 cap. Influence 11 cap. I've just got 10 pool.
Do it as many times as you want as long as you have vampires in uncontrolled region.

Now that you got your 11 cap, how do you it again since you won't have older vampires in your crypt (until a 12-cap vampire is printed) ?

Still, I see your point if you do it once (slightly weaker than a plain Villein + Giant's Blood combo since you lose a vampire for a turn), or if you manage somehow to chain a 8-cap, 9-cap, 10-cap etc.

In that case, a slight ajustment is easy to make:

Name: Cathedral of Flesh
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Clan: Tzimisce
Remove a ready Tzimisce you control from the game to add X blood to an older Tzimisce in your uncontrolled region, where X is the capacity of the removed Tzimisce. Each Methuselah can play only one Cathedral of Flesh in a game.

Or stop it from being played while the older Tzimisce is still in play.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 16 Mar 2017 13:38 by Ankha.

More
16 Mar 2017 17:45 #81161 by Hakuron
"Cathedral of Flesh" really sounds like a Master:Location (this is why I got your idea partially wrong). "Ritual of (the) Flesh" might be better for your idea.

But why not create a Tzimisce location which works somehow like Social Ladder but with no capacity restriction for the target vampire in the uncontrolled region?

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
16 Mar 2017 18:17 #81162 by Ankha

"Cathedral of Flesh" really sounds like a Master:Location (this is why I got your idea partially wrong). "Ritual of (the) Flesh" might be better for your idea.

But why not create a Tzimisce location which works somehow like Social Ladder but with no capacity restriction for the target vampire in the uncontrolled region?

Because I don't feel it's an answer to the "compelling need" I mentioned in the OP. ;)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron, self biased

More
17 Mar 2017 03:33 #81167 by direwolf
I see nothing wrong with the card as proposed, and it is an interesting mid-game card. It's difficult to abuse, and it's not a power card. It is a card you might put one or two into a deck.

You could make the card more versatile by allowing it to add blood to an older uncontrolled vampire with Vicissitude.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds