file Reprint some cards

08 Aug 2011 15:21 #7618 by Demnogonis Saastuttaja
This is a good idea. Star Trek even has community-made cards now, like additional STENT cards, and it works fine.

I have heard a some resistance to this idea from local players, always in the vein of "I paid, so should you". Well that's real petty. Do you know what cards I do have in abundance, so that I don't have to try anything new? Dominate! Oh isn't that fun, how much pool did you have well now you don't lolz.

:ANI: :AUS: :VIC:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2011 15:59 #7619 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Reprint some cards

I have heard a some resistance to this idea from local players, always in the vein of "I paid, so should you". Well that's real petty. Do you know what cards I do have in abundance, so that I don't have to try anything new? Dominate! Oh isn't that fun, how much pool did you have well now you don't lolz.

Buy some new cards then. There are more than 7 full sets still available, as well as add-on sets for 3 more.

store.white-wolf.com/VTES-C15.aspx

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
08 Aug 2011 17:10 #7625 by Demnogonis Saastuttaja
You know as well as I do that even while VTES was still continued, a lot of cards haven't been in print in a long time, such as Baltimore Purge or Entombment. You also know that having a larger card pool for everyone improves the quality of the game.

:ANI: :AUS: :VIC:

More
08 Aug 2011 18:40 #7635 by prunesquallor

Meanwhile VEKN seems to be dominated by worries about being sued and people trying to protect the value of key cards.

Where have VEKN leadership claimed that they are worried about being sued, please?

I'd love to be proved wrong on this. I'd prefer to instead see the VEKN leadership make some clear statement that they do intend to support downloadable expansions and/or reprints and consider them valid for competitive play.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds