file Submission: Bike Chain

28 Jan 2019 12:46 #93168 by jamesatzephyr

I see what you're getting at. I have no solutions though, assuming this is something that needs solving eventually.

What's wrong with "Put this card on a vampire or mortal ally..."? Leaves out War Ghoul, leaves out Shamblers, leaves out Garou...

Quick reminder though: First Strike doesn't go before Carrion Crows, does it? Carrion Crows still do damage in the 'initial strike resolution', which would be the First Strike window. Did I miss something?

Strikes resolves in the following order:

[0) Technically Dodge does not resolve, it just protects you from the "offensive" aspects of any strikes against you - including any "offensive" effects that go along with S:CE strikes. Note that this include's inferior Meld with the Land's untap of he opposing minion.]
1) S:CE
2) First strike
3) Normal strike, and anything else that goes off in strike resolution (Carrion Crows, Wolf Companion etc.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2019 12:53 - 28 Jan 2019 13:05 #93169 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Submission: Bike Chain

What's wrong with "Put this card on a vampire or mortal ally..."? Leaves out War Ghoul, leaves out Shamblers, leaves out Garou...

It's so arbitrary. It leaves out humanoid ghouls and ghouled mortals (via Ghouled). There are plenty. Basically War Ghoul is the only problem both in theme (I mean... it's a pile of flesh, is all) and power level.

Also, Garou isn't a problem. It's not 4+1 First Strike, it's only 2+1 if First Strike would have any effect anyways.

Anyways, the idea isn't to dodge environmental damage. It defeats the point, intent and purpose of it and makes it too strong.

It could have a damage limit. I'd need to think it that makes sense though. I want to think about the potence synergies.

I do love myself some improvised tools for violence though. Let's see if I'll come up with something else.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 28 Jan 2019 13:05 by Kraus.

More
28 Jan 2019 17:03 #93177 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic Submission: Bike Chain
@Kraus: Maybe get around the First Strike canceling environ damage with: "The strike from this weapon cannot be made aggravated or otherwise send vampires to torpor." Clumsy, maybe, but it will let you empty an opposing vampire without the aforementioned trump environ damage. ?

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
28 Jan 2019 17:09 - 28 Jan 2019 17:12 #93178 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Submission: Bike Chain

@Kraus: Maybe get around the First Strike canceling environ damage with: "The strike from this weapon cannot be made aggravated or otherwise send vampires to torpor." Clumsy, maybe, but it will let you empty an opposing vampire without the aforementioned trump environ damage. ?

Super clunky and wordy. Plus, not my intention with it at all.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. :) It's simple. The last thing I'd like to do is to make an exception to an exception with an exception by adding extra lines of text. Keep It Simple Silly is my jam, whenever I can make it happen. This is why I have a beef with Bundi and Stutter Step: they make up new rules without adding anything significant to the game. They exist, and it's fine, but I don't plan on proposing similar clunk.

I'm still thinking if restricting max damage dealt to 3 is a good idea, or if it would be just extra clunk on a card that was supposed to be clean and simple. If it gets too complex, it's existence probably isn't warranted.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 28 Jan 2019 17:12 by Kraus.

More
28 Jan 2019 18:08 #93182 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Bike Chain

Compelling game need: Giving options for WWS, and boosting some 'flaming melee' strategies.

My personal opinion, I would really not likely to see another discipline-less combat card that outshines existing combat cards that require a discipline. This is how we get things like Undead Strength being a wallpaper card.

Personal bias: I would rather not have another first strike card ever added to the game until it is fixed. It is a non-intuitive mechanic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, self biased, LivesByProxy

More
29 Jan 2019 01:26 #93192 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Submission: Bike Chain
I thought it was gonna be something that prevented people from stealing my sports bike...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds