file Submission: Larceny (A fixed / playable Cat Burglary for !Gangrel and Assamites)

28 Jan 2019 20:05 #93188 by jamesatzephyr

:cel: :obf: (D) action steal 1 pool (for this vampire's controller). If successful, unlock this vampire.
:CEL: :OBF: As above, but 2 pool.

Stealing 2 pool is about equal to bleed for 4. It also can't be bounced. I like those clans, but it's bit too op.

You could soften the power a fraction, such as:
CEL OBF: (D) Steal 1 pool from your prey, and burn 1 pool from your prey.

Like others, I have concerns about the untap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2019 20:43 #93190 by kschaefer
You could add that the minion may not bleed this turn and/or may not play Larceny if they've already bled. Then, I have no concern about the unlock effect.

Other options include only 1 Larceny may be played each turn. Once per turn at superior. Still have an issue with unlock here.

I'd go for this:
Larceny
A vampire may not play Larceny if they have attempted a bleed action this turn. A vampire may not attempt a bleed action after playing Larceny.
:cel::obf:(D) Burn 1 pool from the target Methuselah and gain 1 pool. If successful, unlock this vampire.
:CEL::OBF: As above, but burn 2 pool.

More
28 Jan 2019 20:52 - 28 Jan 2019 20:53 #93191 by Kraus
If you just remove the unlock, you'd have to combo it with weirder stuff like Flurry of Action to make it worth the while with :CEL: :OBF: Inner Circles. Adana de Sforza is the only one who has multi action disciplines (Rafael, Harrod, Adana and Fanchon), and I wouldn't worry about her being a dominant super power any time soon. The lack of bounce disciplines is that crippling for 11 caps.

Any of them could Alastor for a helicopter, but once that's done, there are already better actions to do than steal two pool (well, some of the time).

To be fair though, just don't give it the unlock. Even if it cost 2 blood, it still might be too much. No need to clutter the card with extra text that way.

There are vampires with either :for: or :PRO: for multi act that could use this at superior anyways.

If you're hell bent on the unlock for some reason, tweak it so:

Larceny
:action:
1 :blood:
:cel: :obf: (D) Steal 1 pool from another Methuselah. If successful, this vampire can burn 1 blood to unlock.
:CEL: :OBF: (D) Steal 2 pool from another Methuselah.

No "As above" clause, no problems (as major at least).

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 28 Jan 2019 20:53 by Kraus.

More
29 Jan 2019 05:23 #93193 by LivesByProxy
A couple of things:

1) This was intended for small and mid capacity vampires, but that doesn't preclude larger caps from playing it.
2) Related to the above, the OP had a Superior + Inferior discipline requirement designed to support outferior discipline spreads.
3) I purposefully used the word 'steal' because flavor and certain effects can / could trigger off of it vs bleed vs burn.
4) It wasn't intended to be a bleed so that it skirts around the "only one bleed action per vamp" rule.
5) I purposefully limited both options to only steal 1 pool to support the above reasons, especially 1 & 2.
6) Untap clause might be strong, but the intent was to support !Gang and Assamite toolbox decks. The small amount of pool stolen was suppose to deter larger cap vamp abuse. Obviously it would be ridiculous to incur a 4 pool swing with a 10 or 11 cap, before untapping and bleeding for 5 to 8.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
30 Jan 2019 09:51 #93213 by Klaital
So you really want to make a better Enticement that can be played multiple times per turn without having to jump through hoops?

More
30 Jan 2019 14:53 #93222 by ReverendRevolver

So you really want to make a better Enticement that can be played multiple times per turn without having to jump through hoops?

The hoops balance Enticements, the only practical means to drop 3 a turn use OffKilter...

To accomplish the original purpose of non bleed pool damage for :assa: !gang!
It is open to anything with :cel: :obf: , and while The Unnamed is brutal, she(?) Isn't the only problem that comes out of more than 1 pool damage.
Maybe keep inferior level as burn a pool and burn a blood to untap, then superior goes into play and can be burned at discard phase for a pool.
Even if :cel: :obf: just burn a pool with free untap, plenty of IC benefit, as do Lucien, Leandro, Zoe, Victoria, Dancin Dana, osmo, and didi. Also Antoine, Fianna, Osric, Santaleous, Unmada, Ruth, and adv Quentin. All of them that can go anarch already have bleed and untap @ stealth capability, and even as a huge Malk fan, do we really need free actions that have perfect synergy with Madness network?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds