file Card idea: Preacher

23 Aug 2011 11:19 #8853 by Ankha
Card idea: Preacher was created by Ankha
Name: Preacher
Cardtype: Action
Discipline: Dominate & Presence
+1 stealth action. Requires an anarch.
[dom]
 (D) Make a ready younger non-anarch non-titled vampire anarch (and Independent).
[DOM]
 Unique. Put this card on this anarch and untap him or her at the end of the turn. As a +1 stealth (D) action, this anarch may use the [dom]
 ability above.

Can turn your vampires or the other's Methuselah anarch. Opens new options for decks expecting the other methuselah to have Anarch (Public ennemy, Camarilla segregation...)

Balanced? If not why?
Interesting? If not why?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2011 11:28 #8854 by Amenophobis
Replied by Amenophobis on topic Re: Card idea: Preacher
[red eyes] You don't mess with the Preacher. [/red eyes] B)

More
23 Aug 2011 11:40 - 23 Aug 2011 11:41 #8855 by Baaliprimogen
I like the Idèa. I just don't like that it is a Ventrue card. I would prefer that it was a threeway-keystone kine type of card. Like this

Preacher
Req Anarch
:dom: and/or :pot: and/or :pre: (D) Make a younger non-anarch, non-titled vampire anarch. Do not replace until your discardphase. If using :dom:, the action is at +1 stealth. If using :pot:, you untap at the end of turn. If using :pre: Unique. Put this card on this anarch and untap him or her at the end of the turn. As a +1 stealth action, this anarch may use the :dom: ability above.

I don't know. this was not an ideal card. But i realy like the consept of making other vampires Anarch, like Black Hand vampires may.

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:
Last edit: 23 Aug 2011 11:41 by Baaliprimogen.

More
23 Aug 2011 12:21 - 23 Aug 2011 12:27 #8857 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Preacher
Originally, it was a disciplineless action. I thought that making it PRE+DOM was more inline with those disciplines and would make it a little less powerful. But maybe was it balanced when disciplineless?

Prince of Paris, France
Last edit: 23 Aug 2011 12:27 by Ankha.

More
23 Aug 2011 13:34 - 23 Aug 2011 14:01 #8863 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: Card idea: Preacher
I don't like the ability to be able to make other peoples vampires anarch without them being able to get rid of it later.
I'd suggest at basic putting it on an opponents vampire with an option for them to burn it as an action, at superior putting it on your own vampire to allow him to make your own vampires anarch.
Also, for balance it should probably have either a cost, zero default stealth, or both. Both is probably too much, but I'd suggest testing with cost 1 blood as a +1 stealth action, or with cost zero as a zero stealth action.

For disciplines, pre/pot maybe? I think it's more in character for Brujah/!Brujah than for Ventrue. Disciplines would be too strong.

Edit: or how about
Name: Preacher
Cardtype: Action
Requires an anarch.
:pre: +1 stealth action. A ready younger non-anarch non-titled vampire you control becomes anarch and independent.
:pot: :pre: Put this card on a ready younger non-anarch non-titled vampire controlled by another methuselah, you still control this card. The vampire with this card is anarch. The vampire with this card may burn it as a D action that costs 1 blood.
:POT: :PRE: +1 stealth action. Unique. Put this card on this anarch and untap him or her at the end of the turn. Once per turn this anarch may use the :pre: ability above.

Edit again: the :pot: :pre: should use a counter instead of putting the card on the vampire to not obstruct the uniqueness of the :POT: :PRE: ability.
:pot: :pre: Choose a ready younger non-anarch non-titled vampire controlled by another methuselah, and put a Preacher counter on them. A vampire with a Preacher counter is anarch. A vampire may burn their own preacher counter as a D action that costs 1 blood.

I'm not sure the phrase 'Preacher counter' doesn't really flow well, but you know what I mean? Also, I'm not sure who controls a 'counter' by default.
Last edit: 23 Aug 2011 14:01 by Mael.

More
23 Aug 2011 20:02 #8874 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Preacher

I'm not sure the phrase 'Preacher counter' doesn't really flow well, but you know what I mean? Also, I'm not sure who controls a 'counter' by default.

Anarch counters do exist, and would fit the role.

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds