file Card idea: Preacher

24 Aug 2011 20:08 #8940 by Boris The Blade
Recruiter? Godfather? Instructor?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2011 03:01 #8949 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Card idea: Preacher

There are better and faster ways of going anarch. it's weaker than "Go Anarch", and nobody uses that one.

I disagree, at
 it's about on a par, different (as Blooding and Mustajib are different from each other), and lacking the untap. At superior it's more akin to a minion based version of Seattle Committee or Twilight Camp. Also, I have seen "Go Anarch" played, as has the TWDA. 

I stand corrected!! ok it's still weaker than Go Anarch and Seattle Committee and Twilight Camp and all those other options. requires disciplines and an older vampire and you don't even untap.

The ability to make other people anarch is secondary, and can be used to help prevent the wrong person getting ousted by your anarch revolts,

cornercase, since they can go anarch themselves. maybe you save them 1 pool, sometimes.

It's not cornercase as they are would both be elements of the same deck so are under your control when deckbuilding. People play with Boons for pretty much the same purpose.

It's cornercase that they can't just go anarch themselves and depend entirely on your unlimited generosity to save them from your own card.

or to mess up a Black Hand or Aye/Orun deck that insists on leaving its key vampires not-anarch. The latter is why it needs to have a burn clause.

then it's just annoying at most, and they'll take the action to go un-anarch if needed. though actually, Black Hand vampires don't care if they're anarch, and it's hard to target a younger vampire with Orun...

No, but vampires who want to become black hand do, as do BH vampires who want to be Abbot. Also, it's quite easy to target a younger vampire with 1 or 2 Orun, and if the card prevented him ever becoming Laibon again that's all he'd ever get. And those are just the first two sect based strategies I thought of, probably not the only ones.

ex 1 - they remove the anarch counter. successful action, next minion plays Mustajib. yay. now they all become Abbots.
ex 2 - you have tapped your 7+ cap anarch to turn the 2 cap w/ 2 orun into an anarch. ow annoying. on his turn he removes the counter. yay nice tradeoff.
but wait, if it has 3 orun then you'll need a 10+ cap. hrmmm, tricky tricky.

I'm not saying that you would include the card for it's ability to mess with such decks, but it's an added bonus on a card that you include in a deck to make your own guys anarch.

the original post gave me that impression it was the intent of the card. not that anyone should play Public Enemy in their redlist deck, and turn their vampire into an anarch to turn another vampire into an anarch then get a non-anarch vampire to play P.E. on the anarch so finally someone can rush the vampire and then diablerize the vampire to get Trophy: Wealth and Trophy: Retainers.
also for the brilliant toptier combo of playing Judgment Cam Seg in an anarch deck.

why not just bleed for 1 instead of using this card

Why not just play Malk stealth bleed? Some people like a little variety. Apart from that, I really can't see how a card to make your guys anarch is comparable to bleeding for 1 as an action.

I see that you're a master of strawman arguments. because bleeding for 1 is exactly the same as Malk'94, I can't believe I never realized that. why not just play Malk stealth bleed instead of a deck that puts Erosion on everybody. some people like a little variety.

the point is that turning other methuselah's vampires into anarchs adds nothing to the game and is still very weak.

More
25 Aug 2011 10:14 #8987 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: Card idea: Preacher

Maybe the card was nerfed to much to become very useful.
First version was the following, but I found it too powerful.

Name: Preacher
Cardtype: Action
+1 stealth action. Requires an anarch.
Put this card on this anarch and untap him or her at the end of the turn. During your untap phase, you may burn 1 blood to choose a ready younger non-anarch non-titled vampire. He or she becomes anarch (and Independent).

Going back to and adapting your original idea on this, what do you think of:

+1 stealth action. Unique. Requires a ready anarch. Put this card on the acting anarch. This ready anarch may tap this card to put an anarch counter on a ready younger non-anarch non-titled vampire. He or she becomes anarch (and Independent). If this card leaves play or this vampire is not a ready anarch, burn all anarch counters that were given by this card.

More
25 Aug 2011 11:53 #9000 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Preacher

Maybe the card was nerfed to much to become very useful.
First version was the following, but I found it too powerful.

+1 stealth action. Requires an anarch.
Put this card on this anarch and untap him or her at the end of the turn. During your untap phase, you may burn 1 blood to choose a ready younger non-anarch non-titled vampire. He or she becomes anarch (and Independent).

Going back to and adapting your original idea on this, what do you think of:

+1 stealth action. Unique. Requires a ready anarch. Put this card on the acting anarch. This ready anarch may tap this card to put an anarch counter on a ready younger non-anarch non-titled vampire. He or she becomes anarch (and Independent). If this card leaves play or this vampire is not a ready anarch, burn all anarch counters that were given by this card.

It's an acceptable proposition.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
02 Sep 2011 11:14 #9511 by Amenophobis
Replied by Amenophobis on topic Re: Card idea: Preacher

[red eyes] You don't mess with the Preacher. [/red eyes] B)

Apparently you do not know the awsome Preacher comics from Vertigo.
Preacher Wiki entry
You should try them! Awesome indeed. B)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds