file Card idea: Preacher

23 Aug 2011 20:44 #8878 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: Card idea: Preacher

I'm not sure the phrase 'Preacher counter' doesn't really flow well, but you know what I mean? Also, I'm not sure who controls a 'counter' by default.

Anarch counters do exist, and would fit the role.

Except that anarch counters have a pre-defined purpose, and do not include an intrinsic way to burn the counter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2011 21:23 - 24 Aug 2011 06:39 #8879 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Preacher

I'm not sure the phrase 'Preacher counter' doesn't really flow well, but you know what I mean? Also, I'm not sure who controls a 'counter' by default.

Anarch counters do exist, and would fit the role.

Except that anarch counters have a pre-defined purpose, and do not include an intrinsic way to burn the counter.

You lack some imagination and wording.

:pot: :pre: Put an anarch counter on a ready younger non-titled, non-anarch vampire controlled by another Methuselah. That vampire becomes anarch (and Independent). That vampire may burn this counter as an action that costs 1 blood.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 24 Aug 2011 06:39 by Ankha. Reason: removed the (D) on the counter removal that was nonsensical.

More
23 Aug 2011 22:44 #8881 by Juggernaut1981
I'd make it:

:pot::pre: Put an anarch counter on a ready younger non-Anarch non-titled vampire as a (D) action. That vampire becomes Anarch (and Independent). That vampire may remove the counter as a +1 stealth undirected action.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
24 Aug 2011 06:37 #8894 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Preacher

I'd make it:

:pot::pre: Put an anarch counter on a ready younger non-Anarch non-titled vampire as a (D) action. That vampire becomes Anarch (and Independent). That vampire may remove the counter as a +1 stealth undirected action.

"Anarch" should be "anarch" (no uppercase).
There is no need to indicate that the action is undirected, because the action taken by the vampire to remove his or her counter is "directed" to him/herself, meaning it's undirected.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
24 Aug 2011 08:15 #8900 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Card idea: Preacher
I've found Anarch Revolts to be pretty good at encouraging vampires to go anarch, without necessarily forcing them to do so. It's a very interesting card!

This Preacher card idea just seems kind of annoying for the target, while being an inefficient use of actions for whoever's playing it. Instead of giving methuselahs an interesting choice, it brute-forces the issue in a dull way. And it's weak. Yech.

More
24 Aug 2011 08:24 #8901 by Juggernaut1981
Actually the way you had it written before suggested that I would need to (D) action the minion that played Preacher, not the counter. Plus it seems silly to not make it so that the minion with the counter is the one to remove the counter; unless you meant to make it "any minion may remove the counter as a (D) action".

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds