file Proxies and the VEKN

16 Feb 2011 19:31 #1634 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN

www.boostep.com/product_info.php?products_id=293463&osCsid=5qinsgi0m9o6vntu3b2o2d32h3

still seems to be in stock.

I must say that it looks interesting for me. I try to purchase it. Cost of Gargoyle HTTB starter is:

Sub-Total: 8.09EUR
Shipping to EU (): +5.50EUR
Alv/vat 23%: 3.13EUR
Total: 16.72EUR

So 2 Villeins = 16,5 Eur = 20$. Yes, 10$ for Villein is better than 15$ for buying it from EBay. But not so much. But it is still the best and cheapest way how to get Villeins on the internet.

Good deal, bro, good deal. :(

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2011 19:35 #1635 by elotar

There are indeed villeins on ebay. You *do* still need to search for them, they're not the only thing for sale. Also, you may get better mileage by buying a starter for £10 with two villeins and a load more cards in, than a single villein for £10. If you can't see the benefit in that, I have a bridge you might be interested in buying.

Both deals looks a little...not so good 4 me :)

More
16 Feb 2011 19:40 - 16 Feb 2011 19:41 #1636 by elotar

Players who choose to solve their pool defense dilemma via Master Phase pool recursion through the same module of the same cards are perhaps not being very creative.

There is creativity and there is stupidity not optimised solution.:) If you can solve all pool problems by trifle, it's plain not optimised to use other means.

Overpovered cards leave less room for creativity.

Last edit: 16 Feb 2011 19:41 by elotar.

More
17 Feb 2011 01:55 #1660 by Wookie813
Replied by Wookie813 on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN

Players who choose to solve their pool defense dilemma via Master Phase pool recursion through the same module of the same cards are perhaps not being very creative.

There is creativity and there is stupidity not optimised solution.:) If you can solve all pool problems by trifle, it's plain not optimised to use other means.

Overpovered cards leave less room for creativity.

Which thread are we in again? This is tacking toward a different discussion. To bring it back toward the issue of proxying cards to allow players to be competitive, I will ask you to just CONSIDER the fact that building decks from within the constraints of your personal card collection, even if you find it lacking preferred, proven-efficient cards to accomplish a desired goal, will lead to increased creativity.

So you can't bloat with Villein to recoup your Pool expenditures - what else CAN you do?

I suggest a new strategy...let the Wookie win.

More
17 Feb 2011 10:04 #1668 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN
Here are the results of the (non-representative) poll "Should the use of proxy cards be allowed in VtES?" (as presented in the past two weeks on my blog).
  • Yes, both in tournaments and casual. -- 23 (10%)
  • In casual games and for selected cards in tournaments. -- 18 (8%)
  • Only in casual games. -- 131 (62%)
  • No. -- 31 (14%)
  • I don't care. -- 7 (3%)
Please draw your own conclusions from the results ..

More
17 Feb 2011 10:23 - 17 Feb 2011 10:23 #1670 by Amenophobis

Here are the results of the (non-representative) poll "Should the use of proxy cards be allowed in VtES?" (as presented in the past two weeks on my blog).
  • Yes, both in tournaments and casual. -- 23 (10%)
  • In casual games and for selected cards in tournaments. -- 18 (8%)
  • Only in casual games. -- 131 (62%)
  • No. -- 31 (14%)
  • I don't care. -- 7 (3%)
Please draw your own conclusions from the results ..

Disregarding the fact that your blog looks good and I like it, the conclusion I can draw is: the question of the poll is inadequate at best.

Asking that question without any flanking parameters/information is bound to get that result. No?

If the question was something like
"Should the use of proxy cards, limited to certain by the VEKN determined cards, and hence only with to be issued official VEKN-proxies, and only for a limited time period, be allowed in VtES?"
I guess, the result would look somewhat different.

Is it possible to vote more than once in your polls?
Last edit: 17 Feb 2011 10:23 by Amenophobis.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds