file Proxies and the VEKN

17 Feb 2011 17:30 #1687 by Amenophobis

...snip... the question of the poll is inadequate at best.

Asking that question without any flanking parameters/information is bound to get that result. No?

If the question was something like
"Should the use of proxy cards, limited to certain by the VEKN determined cards, and hence only with to be issued official VEKN-proxies, and only for a limited time period, be allowed in VtES?"
I guess, the result would look somewhat different.

Sorry, 'Phobis, but your 'flanking parameters' are not that clear too. How the VEKN would determine which cards and how long the limited time period would be is not clear at all. That in mind I think it is allowed to ask the simple question "Proxies yes or no". Adding more unclear information would not help.

Granted, you can manipulate the poll. Nobody says the results are statistically valid. But bearing in mind that 'both sides' could manipulate the results it seems to make a clear statement. In addition I don't think that there are people out there who have nothing better to do than to reset their cookies multiple times to alter the pollresults. I would not. Do you?

I agree in principle that it's not easy to have a simple, precise question that is understood by all and have all voters have the same level of information about the topic.

Knowing nothing of the ongoing discussion, I would also answer "no" if the question is just "proxies: yes or no?".

At the moment, the exact standards of what and how proxies would be allowed are not really existent. What is clear to me (limited time period, a small handful of proxies, done by the VEKN and no sticky papers, etc.) is not always clear to all other participants.

I tried to make *my* point of view in the best possible and concise way. I don't like to shout or be a "vocal minority". I try to convey my points in a civil manner.

And I concede that at this point in time it may be a bit too early to have this discussion. However, I predict that things regarding high-caliber cards for tournamenats are not going to improve (by this I mean the availability and their non-impact on bigger tournaments). Just like RoddimusPrime said, let's wait a bit and see then. I still think that Villeins and Enkil Cogs and Touch of Clarity (et.al) will have a large impact on the tournament scene.

B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2011 17:44 #1690 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN

I try to convey my points in a civil manner.

Which you did IMHO, so don't worry :) .

I like the 'just wait and see' POV and think, this was and is the best way to handle the FEAR (TM) of new sets and cards. Of course the availability of good cards will not get better as times go by. But maybe their impact on the metagame isn't that big some people fear it could be. Maybe it is. We will have still time to react properly then.

Baron of Frankfurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis

More
17 Feb 2011 18:08 #1693 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN

And I concede that at this point in time it may be a bit too early to have this discussion. However, I predict that things regarding high-caliber cards for tournaments are not going to improve (by this I mean the availability and their non-impact on bigger tournaments). Just like RoddimusPrime said, let's wait a bit and see then. I still think that Villeins and Enkil Cogs and Touch of Clarity (et.al) will have a large impact on the tournament scene.

Full Ack on this paragraph. Let's wait what this year (and tournament season) is about and see what the situation looks like in year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds