file What can give our Game a rebirth?

05 Dec 2011 11:36 - 05 Dec 2011 11:56 #17117 by Exposer
The question is, what steps we can take to help the game to be born again?

For a start I would like to compile a list of problems that deprive the VtES of official support, printing and distribution.

Are there people here who can help with explanations?

- Not purchased license (how much exactly?)
- No place of replication
- High prices
- What else?

Maybe there is a major activists with whom I can talk about these issues in person?

NC Belarus
Last edit: 05 Dec 2011 11:56 by Exposer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2011 12:29 #17127 by wastaz
I'd actually be very interested in this as well. Some people around here seems to have actually talked to real live human beings that know something about this - but the only thing I've heard is something along the lines of (summarized to one phrase) "it's too much money so it's probably impossible".

Even if it is too much money it would be interesting to hear how much money and such that we'd need to collect for VEKN to be able to buy the rights and get the printers running again or something similiar.

Even if it's like 20 million dollars, it'd be nice to actually know the goal. Who knows, there's plenty of collective interwebs efforts that seemed impossible from the start but still managed to do it in the end.

It would be really cool if we could have some sort of on-demand-print-runs (Of course I'm dreaming!) where everyone could say "I want X booster boxes of KoT" and set aside the money for it and when X > Y the printers start producing what is needed and then it is sent out. Of course this is a dream, but hey, if we don't allow ourselves to dream then nothing will ever happen! :)

More
05 Dec 2011 12:53 #17130 by Ohlmann

It would be really cool if we could have some sort of on-demand-print-runs (Of course I'm dreaming!) where everyone could say "I want X booster boxes of KoT" and set aside the money for it and when X > Y the printers start producing what is needed and then it is sent out. Of course this is a dream, but hey, if we don't allow ourselves to dream then nothing will ever happen! :)

I think it may be possible to do on-demand booster, but they would be like 10$ each. Either that or the classic "print batch of card, hope they all sell". All in all, a commercial reprise is not so much costly (apart from legal problem) thant prone to bankruptcy (because it is a niche market).

More
05 Dec 2011 13:17 #17132 by Lönkka

Even if it is too much money it would be interesting to hear how much money and such that we'd need to collect for VEKN to be able to buy the rights and get the printers running again or something similiar.

I have a hunch that if someone knows something they won't be divulging any information.

Publicly discussing business matters tends to be kinda bad form.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
05 Dec 2011 17:47 #17163 by Adonai

The question is, what steps we can take to help the game to be born again?

Step 1) Win Lottery.
Step 2) Invest in V:TES.

These are not the numbers I was given, but they will give you an idea of the scope.

1) To print a Keepers of Tradition sized set: 250,000
2) To Hasbro, per year, ###,000, minimum 10 years
3) To CCP, per year, ###,000, minimum 10 years

So, 2 million+, to start with, before printing, to the two IP holders.

Ready, Go!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Hakuron

More
05 Dec 2011 19:12 #17172 by johannes

I have a hunch that if someone knows something they won't be divulging any information.

Publicly discussing business matters tends to be kinda bad form.

Right. This is private information to CCP/WW, Hasbro and other companies involved. It is also not all about money but also other issues. Most of the information cannot be shared since it is confidential, but rest assured that no opportunity went undiscussed. Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but there is nothing you can do* to help the situation. I am sorry but that is all I can say.

*except for coming up with an insane amount of money, in the range that Jeff pointed out. Which is so unlikely I don't even consider it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds