file What can give our Game a rebirth?

19 Dec 2011 22:11 #18890 by Arthur Volts
What about a print by print contract so it keeps the IP open for a potential buyer etc. They make some money. Whoever went to the effort of printing makes some money or breaks even.

Everyone's a winner.

I guess the above is wishful thinking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2011 05:14 #18897 by johannes

What about a print by print contract so it keeps the IP open for a potential buyer etc. They make some money. Whoever went to the effort of printing makes some money or breaks even.

Everyone's a winner.

I guess the above is wishful thinking.

Yes it is. For example it takes a long time to break even or start making money on a set because you have to print a lot to have it available for 3-4 years. Unless you want something like HttB starters, but I am sure 99% of the VTES population hate the fact that they are out of stock.

More
20 Dec 2011 19:12 #18952 by KevinM
The ironic thing about it, is that if CCP had just kept VTES in-print, my estimates are that they could have (eventually) sold another 1000+ boxes of KoT boosters, 1000+ boxes of HTTB boosters, and 500+ boxes of HTTB starters. Maybe even more than that.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
20 Dec 2011 22:37 #18957 by Tosh

The ironic thing about it, is that if CCP had just kept VTES in-print, my estimates are that they could have (eventually) sold another 1000+ boxes of KoT boosters, 1000+ boxes of HTTB boosters, and 500+ boxes of HTTB starters. Maybe even more than that.

How did you come up with that estimate?

More
21 Dec 2011 02:19 #18963 by KevinM

How did you come up with that estimate?

Through a personal question-and-answer system over the last year or so -- which I'm not going to get into here -- by talking to friends that play VTES and other VTES players all over the world.

fr.ex. I know that I'd buy 10-20 boxes of each set, and if there's 50-100 other players like me, that's 1000 boxes.

fr.ex. I know that I've been personally asked X times for Y boxes of Z product, so I can make a reasonable estimate.

None of this was relevant to CCP, since their ultimate, proven goal was to get rid of all paper product by a certain time frame, so an order of a million boxes wouldn't have made any difference to them.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds