file Card Protectors

08 Jan 2012 11:36 #20282 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card Protectors
Dragonshield are great, but some colours are not perfectly opaque. Otherwise, the size and quality are very good.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2012 14:43 #20288 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Card Protectors

I've seen different colors, do people tend to use different colors to keep the Crypt and Library separate? Are there different textures to the surfaces? Any to avoid?

How do you store them with the plastic on the cards? I guess you have to buy some of those deck boxes made for the sleeves.

I don't use sleeves myself (except RTFC ), though I have played against many who have.

To store the decks once they are sleeved, look for the cardboard boxes, like those here:

www.bcwsupplies.com/products/trading-card-boxes/

in particular, this one to hold ~5-6 decks:

www.bcwsupplies.com/products/trading-card-boxes/800-count-storage-box.htm

You can find samples of them at sports card shops or game shops that sell Magic the Gathering.

I would check with your local game shop that has Magic players for the examples of sleeves that withstand the test of time, and then I'd probably go with someone like Potomac Distribution if I were headed that way.

UltraPro:
www.potomacdist.com/list.asp?code=4070

Max Protection:
www.potomacdist.com/list.asp?code=4044

KMC:
www.potomacdist.com/list.asp?code=4040

More
08 Jan 2012 20:10 #20303 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Card Protectors
I tend to lean to the plain opaque coloured sleeves and these clear plastic sleeves I bought way back in my foolish days (when I played MtG and TrekCCG) which I bought on the super-el-cheapo plan because they were something like $2 for 200 or some obscene amount.

I've found the artworked ones tend to have the edges lift after a while and I'm not using them on library, mostly on Crypt cards. It's a bit disappointing because while they look good, they lasted maybe 1 year of fairly light casual use.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
08 Jan 2012 21:24 #20315 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Card Protectors
I usually play with Ultra Pro / Dragonshield sleeves. Non-slippery black UltraPro.

For transport, I use Twinnings tea boxes:

They are solid and can contain approx 180-190 sleeved cards.The major drawback, of course, is that they come full of tea.

More
09 Jan 2012 00:32 #20326 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Card Protectors
Tea tins don't have to come with tea in them.

For the Battle for Atlanta 2012 league, we are keeping the league decks in tins like these:

www.specialtybottle.com/tinteasquare38wsliplid.aspx

They are tall enough for sleeved cards, but then you have to have something to carry the tins in, which is why I recommend the card board boxes instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
09 Jan 2012 14:38 #20374 by minionhunter
Replied by minionhunter on topic Re: Card Protectors
How do you tell which Ultra Pro are non-slippery?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds