check Important facts about the first V:EKN set in development

08 Mar 2012 17:56 - 08 Mar 2012 20:13 #25324 by Damnans

I think VEKN could be described as a multi-tiered representative democracy. Players to Princes. Princes to National Coordinators. National Coordinators to Inner Circle.

And I understand why it could seem that way but its wrong.

IC selects NC's,

The Inner Circle may have chosen a few National Coordinators in countries where there is only one or two active princes. But the usual process is to conduct a vote amongst the princes of a given country to elect a National Coordinator.

NC's select princes

8. A National Coordinator will help the VEKN with the appointment of new Princes, particularly with providing the VEKN with information about the prospective Prince and his/her play group. The final authority for the appointment of Princes remains with the VEKN.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
Last edit: 08 Mar 2012 20:13 by Damnans.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2012 18:01 - 08 Mar 2012 18:07 #25326 by er-principe

And I understand why it could seem that way but its wrong.

IC selects NC's, NC's select princes and players would have to live with that.

About NC you're completely wrong actually
For example, i was elected as NC by the italian princes, and same was for former italian NC
It's a process bottom-top and not vice-versa, as much like for the princes
(so far, i never elected a prince myself outright, but rather got candidates from several cities that were appointed princes with the consensus of their respective city groups)

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff
Last edit: 08 Mar 2012 18:07 by er-principe.

More
08 Mar 2012 18:12 - 08 Mar 2012 18:17 #25327 by jhattara
Heather Kreiter has gone public about her involvement in the upcoming VTES expansion.

Heather Kreiter Art

Busy day again! Altering some L5R cards, finishing up my VTES sketch and continuing to work on my L5R painting!

www.facebook.com/heatherkreiterart/posts/10150642424734350

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 08 Mar 2012 18:17 by jhattara.
The following user(s) said Thank You: er-principe, Lönkka

More
08 Mar 2012 18:24 #25328 by Lönkka

Heather Kreiter has gone public about her involvement in the upcoming VTES expansion.

Great news!

Since I don't have a FB account I must comment that instead of buying just prints, why not buy an original? Most of them are not THAT expensive.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
08 Mar 2012 18:24 #25329 by Kraus

IC selects NC's, NC's select princes and players would have to live with that.

Well, around in here the prince is usually the one who's got the time, and is the most enthustiastic for the job... No one from the 'upper level' nominated me to do anything.

Fair enough, I wasn't asked if I'm happy with our NC, but I became a prince after VEKN was launched, so I was late for that. And honestly, I have nothing against our NC. :) He's doing a wonderful job.

So I dunno... Do you know of instances where people would've been displeased with their prince but could do nothing about it, even if they wanted?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but things are going fine in Finland. I can't say from other parts of the world, though, so that's why I'm saying I might be wrong.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
08 Mar 2012 18:38 #25331 by jhattara

Great news!

Since I don't have a FB account I must comment that instead of buying just prints, why not buy an original? Most of them are not THAT expensive.

That is relative. For me buying an original would probably leave a dent into budget.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds