compress Nations' Cup at EC 2012 Budapest

22 May 2012 05:45 #30905 by milcsix
Jeff Kuta: in your example 30 teams form 90 players and 18 tables (with 5 players per table).
I cannot see why you write "these 10 make tables" can you tell me please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2012 06:09 #30909 by Lönkka
Adding the same flat amount of players to each country sounds kinda wrong.

There are countries that will have a veritable horde of people and countries that'll have just one person attending the EC.

I still think that the Legendary Vampire is MUCH better way to go. Worked just fine in both Paris and Warsaw IMHO.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
22 May 2012 07:22 #30918 by Forhead
I have to agree with Lönkka.

And another thing. Will this tournament be sanctioned as a constructed vekn tournament? This is a breaking point for me and guess that's true for a lot of people, at least among the Swedes. I will only consider playing this format if its a sanctioned constructed tournament.

Isak Esbjörnsson Bjärmark

More
22 May 2012 08:15 #30930 by Amenophobis
I think a nations cup is a fantastic and fun idea.

I don't care if it's sanctioned or not (obviously, it wouldn't be because of additional rules for seating and team performacne).

It sounds like a highly entertaining and somewhat competitive event that has it's merits.

I suggest only one team per country, with maximum 4 players. Are there really countries which have only 1 player at the EC attending? :unsure:

Let's assume 4 players per team. The best 2 players get counted, so you'd have a mulligan of sorts. If a team only has 1 player maybe an extra GW or VP could be counted to compensate somewhat (no mulligan of course).

Keep it rolling! Looking forward to this.

More
22 May 2012 09:05 - 23 May 2012 11:21 #30941 by Joscha
I'm not sure about the final. What about playing four rounds and count then the results without playing a final?

Another question: What deck would represent the nation in the final? Does the team choose one of the already played? Played again by the same player? (Most likely I guess, but not mandatory.)

We could count only the two best results of the three players, using the score of the third to settle ties. So if you start in a team with only two players you still have a chance.

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 23 May 2012 11:21 by Joscha. Reason: typo in first sentence (for - four)

More
22 May 2012 10:49 #30950 by milcsix
First of all: this is "just" a side event for Friday. If anyone dont vant or cannot attend still can attend to Last Chance Qualifier with 150 participants.

Nations' Cup without a final: yes this is an option but i think the final is a dramatic end which is needed in a Cup but yes it is an option. (trying to stick to the regular constructed tournaments: there will be a final.)

3-4 players with top scoring 2 counted: good idea, thank you! Why 4 and not 3 or 5?

deck played in the final: not decided yet. Simplest way to stick the deck to the player. And also by trying to stick to the regular constructed tournaments.

sanctioned or not: i will ask Johannes and come back with the answer. We will try to make as few modifications
to the regular constructed tournaments as possible.
cheers

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds