file Joke Decks

15 Apr 2011 17:42 #3415 by ReverendRevolver
Joke Decks was created by ReverendRevolver
Everybody has their top tier decks that can win, and almost everybody I've met who plays regularly also have the less appreciated, but very entertaining 'just for fun' decks.
at the NAC last year, the day my group showed up (or rather, the evening) we lounged around the VTES room at the Roosevelt and did essentually nothing resembling the thought consuming card playing the following few days would be full of. I also saw joke decks from all over during some of those pickup games.
so, this is a two part post:

1. What are some of your personal favorite joke decks?

2. and who would be willing to play a few tables with said joke decks @ this year's NAC? i know how said things very in power levels, but just for laughs, i'd like to see other players cooky non-tournament ideas.

safe to say i'd be in, since i'm posting this, and my favorite 'never gonna win' creations are my voting grotesques and my voty Nosferatu 'bait ona stick'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2011 19:29 #3418 by Randy
Replied by Randy on topic Re: Joke Decks
I'll bring a fairly funny Ignasio proxy kissed deck that I'd like to play at the NAC for fun :D

Prince of Lidingö

More
15 Apr 2011 20:02 #3423 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Joke Decks
Ironically, one of my joke decks does pretty well in my playgroup...

Cryptic Treaty
Treaty of Laibach deck that uses Cryptic Mission and Weigh the Heart to deliver Corruption Counters (that you plan to burn with Revelation of Desire @:SER:) and keep minions low-ish on blood so you can use them with Temptation/Form of Corruption. It doesn't contain Heidelberg because you generally want to let the controller of the Temptation Vampire protect themselves or bleed their prey. It is ideal to get a prey vampire and use it against them during your turn. Gregory Winter, Impundulu and Young Bloods are there to keep the blood low when you need it.

Fast Magic
Menele + Tremere w/ Cel. It's defence is basically 2nd Trad and Deflections. Rush with Menele to refill him while you buy more Tremere princes or Minion Tap him for 6+. Mild bleed forwards to keep things rolling. Vote defence is obvious because of the two or three princes/justicars you usually have. Once bloated 60 pool (spent in various ways or just accumulted) in addition to the starting 30 by the end of the game.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
15 Apr 2011 22:05 #3425 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Joke Decks
All of my decks are a joke. :)

What I tried once, was a Harbinger deck with Bastard Swords. It was pretty fun, but did horribly. It was pretty dull to just die all the time. What I'll try to do, though, will be Allanyan Serrata + Epikasta Rigatos tag team with either bastard swords or something else. Too bad the artist didn't do any other G4-5 Toreador. There's really no synergy with the vampires what so ever, but that'll make it even funnier.

Another concept has been Foureyes and friends with laptops and computer hackings. Also Info highway and Shrecknet. The problem has been that I didn't own more than one Foureyes before.

Once summer kicks in I'll have a go with a couple of decks that have no more than a single copy of a given card. So no duplicate Crypt or Library cards. I'm thinkin of a combatty approach. That should be pretty fun.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
15 Apr 2011 22:08 #3426 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Joke Decks
Unfortunately I can't attend NAC, but I have a brilliant joke deck that can be devastatingly effective in a right kind of an environment. The basis of the deck are Ian Forestal, Pochtli and Agaitas. The deck can do almost anything, except vote or fight offensively (by itself). It will steal anything that can be stolen. Absolutely anything. Locations, allies and retainers are piece of cake. Equipments require some card drawing. And vampires have to be small. But anything goes. Oh, and did I forget to mention that I can play your library cards twice :)

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
16 Apr 2011 07:13 #3431 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Joke Decks

What are some of your personal favorite joke decks?

My "joke" deck is my Alan Sovereign deck. It uses Epiphany (in none of my other decks) to merge (something none of my other decks do) Alan, then I play Protracted Investment (in none of my other decks) to get out free Disguised AK-47s (in none of my other decks) with my obf/dom vampires, as defense for when they are blocked while bleeding. It's kinda, sorta good. But not. :)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds