file Joke Decks

17 Apr 2011 12:44 - 17 Apr 2011 12:49 #3472 by DeathInABottle
Replied by DeathInABottle on topic Re: Joke Decks
Some of my recent favourites:

Cock Hates Cards: Cock Robin and friends play Feline Saboteur on my prey, and Robin slowly tools up to 7 Raptors for the late game. Robin's special and an Enkil Cog mean that he can take enough Feline Saboteur actions to actually be effective. Brinksmanship ousts. This is sort of a joke deck, but it's done surprisingly well.

Black Beretta: 24 Berettas, 24 Concealed Weapons, 4 Nods, and 8 Dragon's Breath Rounds in a deck featuring 5 copies of Black Cat and then a bunch of G1 weenies. It's absolutely terrible.

Seterpenre and His Snakes: Seterpenre uses Weigh the Heart, Reformation, and Corruption (as well as other anarch actions) to put out 6+ corruption counters per turn, using CrimethInc to untap. He's supported by the allies with bleed and a bunch of 1 cap weenies. This deck usually shits all over my prey, grabs a fast victory point, and then collapses in on itself, but my God is it fun to play.

Edit to add Franciscus and Feo Will Explode: 8 copies each of Franciscus and Feo, plus 8 other weenies. The deck is roughly 17 copies of Inceptor, Fleetness, and Eye of Unforgiving Heaven, a few bleed capable allies, and some Information Highways to bring out the little bleeders. Inceptor Feo or Franciscus, rush using Fleetness at a cost of one blood, and fire off your Eye, burning yourself, gaining two pool, and maybe knocking your prey's vampires into torpor. The deck hovers around 30 pool, so I don't bother with defense. Like the Seterpenre deck, it tends to destroy its prey and then collapse due to table hate. Fun to play once or twice a year.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2011 12:49 by DeathInABottle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2011 15:41 #3507 by Wedge
Replied by Wedge on topic Re: Joke Decks
I have a Count Zaroff Amaranth deck that is a joke.

More
18 Apr 2011 16:15 #3508 by atomweaver
Replied by atomweaver on topic Re: Joke Decks
I have a Slaughterhouse library control deck that is passably good in casual play; aus/obf minions for Night Moved Scrying of Secrets to learn what is up and coming in the library, plus Harbinger'd Slaughterhouses to snipe the library in a timely fashion.
It suffers from TMMP Syndrome (Too Many Moving Parts) and a lack of ousting power to be much more than a joke deck, though. Still, its great fun to have your prey watch almost every Doll/Tap/Villein/Vessel/bounce in their deck end up burned to the ash heap. :)

More
18 Apr 2011 19:17 #3515 by prunesquallor
Replied by prunesquallor on topic Re: Joke Decks
Most of my decks are jokes, but I do enjoy playing a Nosferatu antitribu OBF/ANI deck with Feline Saboteur and Victim of Habit. Also a couple of Clan Impersonations to pretend to be Harbingers and try to get the Slaughterhouse into play. Plus a few other assorted things that can burn cards from the prey's hand or library.

If I can burn a few pool from my prey via Victim of Habit before getting ousted I consider it a success. I keep tweaking and tuning it, and sometimes get close to making an oust, but the Victim of Habit mechanic is just too slow and requires too many cards. I had tried to be smart and timely about what cards to burn, like atomweaver, but instead opted to just try to fill my prey's ash heap and try to stay alive.

I still have a lot of fun playing it, it tends to produce some real "wtf" moments for my prey if they haven't seen it before.

More
19 Apr 2011 19:52 #3568 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Joke Decks
"Police Academy" featuring Alan Sovereign to get some cheap Nightsticks, motobikes, Helicopters, play some Police Department, and so on :)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
20 Apr 2011 07:01 - 20 Apr 2011 07:02 #3581 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Joke Decks
Ahahaha,
nice idea Ankha!
Also, as a bonus, you get to throw silly oneliners.

But you most definately need to add a Fetish Club Hunting Ground to portay the notorious Blue Oyster Club ;P

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 20 Apr 2011 07:02 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds