file Is Lobotomy really bad?

13 Jan 2011 17:10 - 13 Jan 2011 17:13 #500 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Is Lobotomy really bad?
@Lönkka:

When I put together my first Warghoul deck recently I wanted to include Lobotomy, but since maneuver is kinda important to it I decided to go for Orb of Ulain and True Faith instead.

Yup, True Faith is horrenduously expensive when played for non-mortal Ally (1+2 pool) but it being a Master it doesn't eat up an action like equipping with the Orb. I eagerly await the time such Warghoul made of pastors and priests runs across some Baalis...

:woohoo: Heavens you are really nuts X). I'd rather stick to Lobotomy then... giving up a rush action with a Ghoul just to get the Orb, which I'd have to have in hand before it gets stolen. But the Priestghoul would surely become legend.

@Eric: Okay, that'd be an option. Maybe you could add some copies of Caiaphas, because without an maneuver he'd be dead soon. But then again you have to have enough Lobos too and add enough actions for him to do. I dunno...

@bakija: Direct Intervention, if not Dark Influences (shuts down the Entracements for the whole minion phase), is a good defense for sure. I'd be glad to find a little relief for my master section filled up with Jakes and stuff. The other problem of DI, besides being a master card, is that you have to have it in hand at the right time. This is also true for Lobotomy, but that card can be played, doesn't clog the hand and still grants the defense. And it doesn't cost pool. OTOH the big advantage of DI is that you can save every Ghoul of getting stolen, not only the lobotomied. Hm. That's why I'd go at least with six Lobos, to be sure every Ghoul gets one.

@Juggernaut:

I'm more in the camp of beating the living crap out of anybody who attempts to steal a Warghoul (probably going to be your Predator or a Quick-Ousting Crosstable).

I have no problem in beating the minions of Meths who attempted to steal one of my minons :evil: . But that could be too late then if the attempt was succesful. A stolen Ghoul can destroy easyly another by blocking my rushes then. And if the stealer wasn't my prey or pred. I use/lose valuable resources not helping my game (mostly). Beating up PRE- or DOM-minions far-sighted is also not always the right way of achieving a game win. So IMHO packing defense is the better way to go, even if your statement sounds much cooler ;o).

@Dorrinal: You're right, the more cards in addition to the vital ally/Warghoul ratio makes the deck more fragile. On the other hand you need some defense against stealing anyway, be it Media Locations helping you blocking them or adding the above mentioned DIs. So going the Lobotomy-route could be a nice alternative. So you can use the cardslots and doesn't alter the ratios much.

Thank you guys for your thoughts. I think I'll give Lobotomy a try.

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 13 Jan 2011 17:13 by Joscha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2011 21:09 #535 by Juggernaut1981
You mean you aren't tempted to play with Lady Zara Slatikov or Cysek?
:OBF: lets you Cloak the Gathering your Warghouls into combat... Mmmmm Stealth Warghouls...

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
15 Jan 2011 09:19 #547 by Joscha

You mean you aren't tempted to play with Lady Zara Slatikov or Cysek?
:OBF: lets you Cloak the Gathering your Warghouls into combat... Mmmmm Stealth Warghouls...

I pretty much am a fan of stealth on Rushactions to get past those Jakes and Carltons. :evil: These two Vampires are indeed a tempting alternative. Although I'm more on the speed Warghoul-path to have a decent rushingpower early in the game without timeintensive influencing with the vital Villeins to get the pool back being able to afford the Ghouls afterwards. Necessary cards like Zillah's Valley, Dreams of the Sphinx or Info Highway would just fill up the mastersection, which is already heavy on Jakes and Fames ;) .

Baron of Frankfurt

More
15 Jan 2011 11:12 - 15 Jan 2011 11:13 #551 by Juggernaut1981
You only need Horatio, Corinne Marcon or any other crappy low-cap to make you Warghouls... So just bring out a baby and while you work on the Warghouls you can grab out Lady Zara or Cysek.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 15 Jan 2011 11:13 by Juggernaut1981.

More
15 Jan 2011 16:27 - 15 Jan 2011 16:31 #561 by Joscha

You only need Horatio, Corinne Marcon or any other crappy low-cap to make you Warghouls... So just bring out a baby and while you work on the Warghouls you can grab out Lady Zara or Cysek.

Grouping :blink: ? But yes, Droescher One-Eye or Ilias Cel Frumos could work. It's maybe worth a try. Still it doesn't convince me, as there are even more card variations which will probably get in the way of the Jake/Ally/Retainer + War Ghoul + Lobotomy chain. Sounds more like a fundeck (which isn't bad at all ;) ).

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 15 Jan 2011 16:31 by Joscha.

More
16 Jan 2011 19:51 #589 by vragozakas

A stolen Ghoul can destroy easyly another by blocking my rushes then.

Remember that if it's untapped when stolen, You could alays tap and burn it to burn a location. :tzim:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds