file Should the VEKN officially sanction printed proxies?

27 Oct 2015 23:05 #73899 by brettscho

It's just that we don't really consider it important enough to let you know things like "Johannes sent an email and is waiting for an answer" (plus, some discussions might be under NDA).

Well, I can see why some might not feel like such news would be important, but I would argue that it is very good for the community to know that negotiations are ongoing. We're trying to hold this community together, and having nothing but silence come form the leadership provides the impression that the house is still standing, but nobody's home. By which I mean, silence makes it seem like nothing is moving or changing on the game - that no work is being done. And clearly that isn't the case. From the NC meeting notes - you guys are doing some great work, but the silence projects a very different impression.

I almost wonder if this topic was even worth discussing.

I think this is a very relevant topic. Clearly, it's one that the inner circle is debating amongst themselves. But each year that they have brought up the issue (see the minutes from the National Coordinator meeting in 2012, 2013, and 2015 ) they have asked how the community feels about the issue, but they have yet to put out of public poll of any kind. So discussions like this are the only way for the leadership to gauge how the community feels, and what issues are facing it.

Also, for the record, the poll on my own website shows that 40/48 participants support at least some level of printable proxy cards. Another 2/48 prefer to we simply facilitate online play (again, where any card is open). Only 6/48 think that printable proxies are a bad idea for the community. That's a pretty small minority. It's interesting to me that the National Coordinator meeting was split 50-50 when they voted because this does not appear to be in agreement with the current sentiment at least among players who filled out my survey.

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Maddog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2015 16:42 #73905 by Damnans

I think this is a very relevant topic. Clearly, it's one that the inner circle is debating amongst themselves. But each year that they have brought up the issue (see the minutes from the National Coordinator meeting in 2012, 2013, and 2015 ) they have asked how the community feels about the issue, but they have yet to put out of public poll of any kind. So discussions like this are the only way for the leadership to gauge how the community feels, and what issues are facing it.

The Inner Circle has created a poll about this issue that will be posted shortly.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981, ruiza97

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds