file How I would relaunch V:TES (card reprint)

01 Apr 2017 10:07 #81259 by TwoRazorReign
Rushing allies is not cornercase, rushing allies is a bad strategy. Rush decks die to ally decks because Taste of Vitae doesn't work, therefore Rush decks don't rush allies because they will lose. A rush deck based on Deep Song is doubly screwed when facing ally decks, and there are many common archetypes that feature allies. Deep song is quite balanced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2017 12:25 - 01 Apr 2017 12:26 #81262 by Khalid1988
I think that if the game comes back to print there should also be a new expansion or two for Imbued so new kinds of deck archetypes could be developed. At the moment a big problem for Imbued is that because Edge Explosion is banned, there is no way for imbued to gain access to virtues that they don't already have. This limits usage of many imbueds which you'd like to use in a deck but because they don't have a virtue you would like them to have, they are often left out. This results in same imbued being seen in many games.

So unless Edge Explosion is going to get a ruling errata then what imbued would highly need would be a card similar to Field Training or Sanguine Instruction in order to allow for wider variety of virtue combinations to be used.

Prince of Tikkurila, known as Teemu P in Lackey CCG
File Attachment:
Last edit: 01 Apr 2017 12:26 by Khalid1988.

More
02 Apr 2017 07:50 #81267 by Ankha

Rushing allies is not cornercase, rushing allies is a bad strategy. Rush decks die to ally decks because Taste of Vitae doesn't work, therefore Rush decks don't rush allies because they will lose. A rush deck based on Deep Song is doubly screwed when facing ally decks, and there are many common archetypes that feature allies. Deep song is quite balanced.

Rushing Carlton or Jake can be a good strategy, but it's cornercase.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
02 Apr 2017 10:28 #81269 by TwoRazorReign
Sure. But you're not accounting for ally decks, which are a common archetype. If your prey and/or predator is playing a deck that casually throws into the mix one or two allies, yeah, it's corner case to rush those allies because the option exists to rush the vampires that deck is built around. But if your prey and/or predator is playing an ally deck (and are able to put those allies in play), it's no longer corner case to rush allies. You have no other option. And you're totally fucked if playing a rush deck using Deep Song.

More
03 Apr 2017 09:02 #81277 by Ashur

I think that if the game comes back to print there should also be a new expansion or two for Imbued so new kinds of deck archetypes could be developed.

One other option is NOT giving the Imbued a new expansion :)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
03 Apr 2017 11:40 #81279 by Khalid1988

One other option is NOT giving the Imbued a new expansion :)

Did you even read my post? I tried to address an actual problem and sincerely rather than making an errata to Edge Explosion new action cards (like Field Training and Sanguine Instruction) or new Master cards which would allow a bigger variety of virtues to be played would be better because then the new decks wouldn't all simply be silver bulleted by a single Uncoiling. If new cards allowing use of bigger variety of virtues aren't an option, then new set of imbueds should be released so new crypt combinations could be made available.

Prince of Tikkurila, known as Teemu P in Lackey CCG
File Attachment:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds