file How I would relaunch V:TES (card reprint)

23 Aug 2016 15:44 - 23 Aug 2016 15:56 #78000 by Boris The Blade

The purpose was to avoid creating two blocks for the same action which is bad rule-wise, but also for the extra time it takes.

With the timing you wrote, there are still two blocks, same as currently: A has an opportunity to block before the bounce, then both A and B can try again after the bounce (although A is probably not interested). The only thing that can change that is to make bounce playable before blocks are declared, which could also be a good idea independently of the exact bounce effect..
Last edit: 23 Aug 2016 15:56 by Boris The Blade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2017 22:21 #80696 by Oortje
Ankha I liked your disecting of cardpool read. Can you do the rest of the original disciplines as well? I expect you to have a clear point of view about it.
It would be nice to have a "modern" set as opposed to the current "legacy" set. I would like to explore the possibilities.
Maybe create a lotal of 150-200 cards. Preferably without errata.

Have a cold long night,
Jeroen van Oort
Dutch National Coördinator

More
15 Feb 2017 13:31 - 15 Feb 2017 13:31 #80713 by elotar

Maybe create a lotal of 150-200 cards.

I was playing with this idea for a while in some other thread here.

Obviously 150-200 cards will not work because of the part, everybody forgets about - crypt.

You got ~39 clans, even by combining sabbat and camarilla and dropping something you'll still are in need of several hundred slots for it.

I was suggesting 1500 cards total (this was the number sounded by FFG for a "healthy game") with 600 crypt / 900 library.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 15 Feb 2017 13:31 by elotar.

More
15 Feb 2017 16:49 #80715 by Ankha

Ankha I liked your disecting of cardpool read. Can you do the rest of the original disciplines as well? I expect you to have a clear point of view about it.
It would be nice to have a "modern" set as opposed to the current "legacy" set. I would like to explore the possibilities.
Maybe create a lotal of 150-200 cards. Preferably without errata.

Sure, when I have time to do it (which is scarce these days) ;)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
17 Feb 2017 15:10 #80734 by Oortje
The thing is you useually start small and then expand. Trying to include 39 clans in a reboot is rediculous. I think I understand you dont want to exclude anything cool, but in my opinion it is wiser to start with just rebooting camarilla.

@ankha: you are very right. time is precious.

Have a cold long night,
Jeroen van Oort
Dutch National Coördinator

More
17 Feb 2017 15:30 #80735 by TwoRazorReign
I agree, a reboot of just Camarilla clans makes sense. Some of the 32 other clans could be included as allies. That would open a lot of ideas for library cards.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds