file New Set?

13 Nov 2017 03:13 #84232 by edrazeeba
Replied by edrazeeba on topic New Set?
I was unaware of any controversy but looking at his facebook just gave me a good laugh. I mean how can you take a "nazi" seriously when they are *that* obsessed with HP Lovecraft and stripper butts? Also, I much prefer his commercial work for VtES and Magic, his personal stuff is a bit uninspired IMO.

Not to derail this whole thread, I'm still catching up on a lot of the expansions that came out during the decade or so I didn't play, so honestly I'm not really sure what I'd like to see in VtES.

I do have a question about the new set though: In the September newsletter it's mentioned in the Design Team News that the new set is called "Bloodlines," is that just a working title? Won't it be confusing with two different expansions with the same name?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2017 04:58 #84234 by ruiza97
Replied by ruiza97 on topic New Set?

Not to derail this whole thread

By all means go ahead. This thread was already derailed after the 3rd post.

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022

More
13 Nov 2017 10:00 #84239 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic New Set?
Most canceling cards should be banned, obviously. :P

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
13 Nov 2017 11:07 - 13 Nov 2017 11:11 #84240 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic New Set?

I was unaware of any controversy but looking at his facebook just gave me a good laugh. I mean how can you take a "nazi" seriously when they are *that* obsessed with HP Lovecraft and stripper butts? Also, I much prefer his commercial work for VtES and Magic, his personal stuff is a bit uninspired IMO.

I don't actually know much about him or his beliefs (I just hate his art), but was told that his card art is no longer welcome to big card game publishers (I assume wizards of the coast at least, since they are pretty tight about their family-friendliness these days)

MacNeill did among other things include Ku Klux Clan in an actual card art. Kinda funny don't you think?

imgur.com/a/6v5xu

By all means go ahead. This thread was already derailed after the 3rd post.

Its not like there was much discussion to be had about the actual topic.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 13 Nov 2017 11:11 by Bloodartist.

More
13 Nov 2017 20:11 - 14 Nov 2017 10:39 #84243 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic New Set?

but was told that his card art is no longer welcome to big card game publishers (I assume wizards of the coast at least, since they are pretty tight about their family-friendliness these days)

Hmmm, this is the first time I hear about such a ban (by others that VEKN).

Are you absolutely sure someone just didn't confuse VEKN point of view ("We do not give money nazis") with WotC etc PoW?

That being said, I really enjoy the VTES pieces he did.
Very unique, very styled, very appropriate (for the theme of VTES).

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 14 Nov 2017 10:39 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
14 Nov 2017 09:46 #84253 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic New Set?
His art is extremely cool. His political views may not be so cool, or maybe he does not really mean it thinking that artists words should compliment his art.

Second part may be a problem, if we are going to vote for him for some government position. But as I understand we are not discussing this.

As an artist for a dark gothic game he is much more capable, than many clueless others, who paint "kawaii vampires" .

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds