file New Set?

16 Nov 2017 14:40 - 16 Nov 2017 14:43 #84301 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic New Set?

Does anybody know anything about Enkil lore wise in V:TM? This was an Anne Rice character and I don't get why there is a VTES card referencing him. That said, apparently Enkil's role is to protect the first ever vampire from being destroyed (which is not Caine in Anne Rice's universe). That must by why the card lets one act on another's turn, sort of interrupting another's plans. I think the art could have reflected this better.

I would have to re-read some material, notably book of nod, revelations of the dark mother, and E-fragments, but to my knowledge, there is no enkil in WoD.
Other wiser and better players than I also knew nothing but the Anne Rice thing. Maybe Enkil is one of those non-procreating antdeluvians? Maybe it's another name for a known antideluvian?

Most likely, they had a cool card in KoT and needed a cool name. Scott isn't on here much, but maybe someone could ask him in passing some time? I haven't seen him in person for many years.

I'd like to say I like the feeling of the KoT art and love the anthology depiction as well. It's a lucky card, to get 2 great pieces of art.

Also, I like the art for Victoria but I'm not too keen on the original Leandro. Anyone else feel similar?
Last edit: 16 Nov 2017 14:43 by ReverendRevolver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2017 18:24 - 16 Nov 2017 20:20 #84304 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic New Set?
I liked the original Leandro, but the Camarilla Edition Leandro is far, far superior. I can tell it's a Malkavian by just looking at that art. Same thing for Sir Walter Nash (Ventrue), Theo Bell (Brujah), Jost Werner (Toreador antitribu), and Lord Vauxhall (Lasombra). For Nosferatu, the best art is when you can't tell it's a Nosferatu, like Baron Dieudonne using superior obfuscate to look like a creepy 1930's lawyer. That said, Sheldon's half-monster, half-Victorian-era judge look makes for great art as well. And some of the best art in the game involves Gangrel out in nature (Basilia, Zack North, Wynn).

But most of the art for Tzcimisce looks terrible to me, but that's because I think vicissitude is dumb. Same with any art involving snakes, middle-eastern assassins, mafiosos holding skulls, vampire mages, vampire gypsies/grifters, vampire devil worshipers, vampire hunters, vampires with third eyes, gargoyles, and redundant bloodlines like samedi, Daughters, Trujah, ahrimanes (we already had great art with Nosferatu, Toreador, Brujah, and Gangrel, respectively, thanks very much).
Last edit: 16 Nov 2017 20:20 by TwoRazorReign.

More
16 Nov 2017 22:38 - 16 Nov 2017 22:39 #84308 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic New Set?

it annoys me to no end that the original 44 magnum isn't a 44 magnum in the picture. I'm not sure if it was just a wotc oversight, or if they checked it and knew nothing about guns, but it annoys me hard that we have boring revolver as the best art for the absolute staple gun for the game. As a "gun person"

I'm derailing this discussion even further...

What puzzled me more is the art in the Sabbat/10th Anniversary version of Sub-machine Gun as it looks way more like an assault rifle than a SMG:

I just finally tried to quickly check which gun it was but couldn't google a definite match. FN FNC seemed to be closest match but it also is too far off.

Perhaps you or another gun enthusiast could help me satisfy my curiosity?

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Nov 2017 22:39 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
17 Nov 2017 05:03 #84310 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic New Set?
I've never paid much attention to the "new" art, as I got the other 10AE tin, but:
The newer one looks like it's trying to be an AK47. Obviously, there's one of them in vtes, but it reminds me of that, based upon the muzzle. The magazine is kinda wide, but it's not supposed to be photo realistic.

The original I always thought was an MP5, but could be something else. Vityaz sn maybe. Possibly the FN....
But again, it's not a photo.

The technical difference between an assault rifle and a submachine gun is the former shoots rifle bullets and the latter typically handgun bullets.

I'm not a rifle fan. You sight it in, you probably hit whatever you aim at. Handguns are substantially more challenging, you feel more accomplished being able to consistently hit where you want with them.
But I digress:

If the SMG gets reprinted, an Uzi style gun should be in the art so there's less oddness than now. Also, the AK47 in vtes should've been a Thompson, since a Thompson shoots similar sized handgun bullets as the Desert Eagle (2R) and is automatic(additional strike). That would have Freed up AK47s for later Assault rifle art.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
17 Nov 2017 08:20 #84312 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic New Set?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulldozer_Exhibition

How inability to understand non realistic art was expressed in soviet russia :lol:

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
17 Nov 2017 11:21 - 17 Nov 2017 11:27 #84313 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic New Set?

Now that someone else mentioned it, the art does look a bit like an extremely distorted H&K MP5 , the mainstay of hollywood movies whenever you needed a special ops team with submachineguns. Comparison: www.dndguns.com/images/dsc01312.gif

The image in the card however seems like almost a mix between MP5 and an assault rifle.. LIt looks like it was "stretched" and the clip was shrunk down. Sometimes artists make guns that are only vaguely shaped like guns, sometimes even without any moving parts! Maybe this artist changed the dimensions in order to fill the space in the picture better, considering artistic values more important than "photorealism".

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 17 Nov 2017 11:27 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds